Call Forwrding

yardkaads

I'm new to the IVM...

I'm trying to set up a small company network...Where customers can call a DID connecting to a VoIP account answered by IVM Answering Attendant.

On prompts I'd like to have the ability to forward calls to the sales staffs office, home or cell phone and absorb the long distance charges through this single VoIp account.

I've managed to set up the OGM with and all the prompts. I need to know if this application has the abality to transfer or forward calls to Cell and PSTN lines.

Yes it does have the functionality. In each OGM there is an option to select an action to take place when the OGM completes. You can select the transfer option to transfer the call to either another extension in your office (if you use IVM in conjunction with NCH's free PBX call management system, Axon), or to outbound numbers such as mobile phones or landlines (through either a VoIP line or over a PSTN line when using an FXO adapter).

The same drop-down list for selecting actions is also present for digit inputs, so you can say if (for example) the caller presses 2, transfer the call to sales.

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I need to achive the same situation where by calls are coming in and being directed to extentions or an extrnal line. However, on every transfer I am getting the same error which is coming on the Axon as error 400 bad request.

I have tried every possible option and I am going mad. Can anyone help please !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am new to IVM myself. as to yardkaads question, i dont think it is possible to forward a VOIP call to a normal PSTN or cell nuber directly, my understanding is you can forward calls from a voip line to VOIP number only. to achivne what you want i would say configure teh IVM to forward the call to another VOIP number you have (most voip providers give atleast 2 voip numbers) and then configure your voip account to forward any calls to your mobile when the call attendents calls your second voip number.

this is al theory to be honest.

I want to achive exactly the same as what you want but my call transfering option dails the number quickly and hangs up. (doenst work! )

i think we need to play arround with the pause and flash options when dailing antoher number...

if any of you guys have an update or get arround this issue please post it here

@Judwaa, you can transfer a VoIP call through a normal PSTN line (using a compatible FXO device) or transfer it to another VoIP, PSTN, or Mobile/Cell number via VoIP. Note that most VoIP providers offer VoIP to VoIP as well as VoIP to PSTN. From the sounds of it however, you seem to be using a service that only offers VoIP to VoIP calls.