I am new to the download world. I was wondering if someone could fill me in on why some of my downloaded MP3s wont play any sound. I have tried a few different players. Also converted the files to wav. The files have been downloaded from Kazzaa. It dosn't happen to all files just the odd one. I have down loaded many versions of the same file from differnt users still no luck. Is there an encription on some MP3s. ;) Need some education.

its because the RIAA floods the P2P networks with bogus files that look like the proper file and are the same size as the proper file, but are really fake files that contain no sound. Go buy the music if you really want it.

Thanks for your help its good to know I am wasteing my time with these files. I have tried to buy files before off websites like big pond and others got screwed with these as well they come in a wma file that can not be converted to MP3 for my Ipod or converted to cd. I have sign up for sites that once you pay money for promised downloads you get nothing. Can you recommend a website that I can buy the tracks in a MP3 format.

unfortunately you might be out of luck, nobody running a legitimate online music store will give you songs in mp3 format, because mp3 files do not support copy protection. Anything you download online will be usually of either wma or aac format, which both include copy protection.

sorry!