Doesn't detect PCI card

retrial5

I have the software and drivers installed for my PCI capture card. I'm using a card with BNC inputs. However, when I open Eyeline and click "Add Camera" there is no drop down box to choose the capture device.

Can anyone offer me some advice? Thanks.

• 5 months later...
I have the software and drivers installed for my PCI capture card. I'm using a card with BNC inputs. However, when I open Eyeline and click "Add Camera" there is no drop down box to choose the capture device.

Can anyone offer me some advice? Thanks.

Hi,

I have the same problem. Has anyone found the solution to this yet?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

You say there is no drop-down box - do you mean you don't get a "Select a Capture Device" dialogue at all, or the drop-down box within this dialogue is disabled?

Have you tried the card with the software that came with the card to see if it is functioning? I know you said you installed the drivers and software, but you wouldn't believe how many people say something isn't working without first testing with the software that came with the device...

Is the device showing up in Device Manager? What driver is the card using? One provided by Microsoft or Brooktree or someone else?

Can you use a program like amcap to verify the card works?

What card are you running? Are we talking generic eBay type DVR card?

Check the chipset on the DVR card - does it have a single BT878 chip or multiple BT878 with a single Philips chip?

• 10 months later...
You say there is no drop-down box - do you mean you don't get a "Select a Capture Device" dialogue at all, or the drop-down box within this dialogue is disabled?

Have you tried the card with the software that came with the card to see if it is functioning? I know you said you installed the drivers and software, but you wouldn't believe how many people say something isn't working without first testing with the software that came with the device...

Is the device showing up in Device Manager? What driver is the card using? One provided by Microsoft or Brooktree or someone else?

Can you use a program like amcap to verify the card works?

Check the chipset on the DVR card - does it have a single BT878 chip or multiple BT878 with a single Philips chip?

I have a 4 channels suveillance camera from CnB cnbtec dot com. It's driver installed properly and listed in Device Manager as "CNB 4ch Video Capture Device Ver2.0" and in device properties it shows "This device working properly".

Using the software provided with camera it works properly and shows all 4 camera video and records too but with EyeLine and Microsoft AmCap it not at all even lists the camera device for selection.

Anybody has any idea, what is going wrong?

I'm thankfull in advance for assistance and cooperation.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. Purchased a DVR card and it works with the bundled software (QX2006). In my devices I can see 8 drivers installed (it is an 8 channel card). The drivers used are QX2006 or a Philips 7134.

When i open EyeLine, it cannot find any cameras in the drop down box. (the box remains disabled). I get a similar result when trying other video surveillance software (no cameras detected).

I hope someone can find a solution because this is driving me crazy!

ps...is there a way to view the chipset through software because there is nothing printed on the actual card?

• 1 month later...

I'm having a similar problem, in that EyeLine will pick up my video capture card drivers, but won't display anything in the camera boxes. I am using a 4-ch PCI video capture card that uses a Conexant Fusion 878A chip. I have posted responses to Clades' troubleshooting questions in the hope that someone out there can help me!

I have, and the camera image is displayed no problem. The software was made by AVerMedia, but didn't do what I needed.

The drivers are being displayed in Device Manager. Originally I used the ARGUS drive that came with the PCI card, but that bluescreen'd whenever I opened any video capture program. I am now using a generic Conexant 878A driver.

Yes, I am running a generic eBay DVR card. Is there anything wrong with that? I thought the more generic, the better. What is recommended (within reasonable price range)?

It has a single chip that reads Conexant Fusion 878A.

I hope someone out there can help solve my problem of nothing showing on the camera based on these questions! I look forward to any response. Many thanks,

Mr. Romano

Okay, so I've managed to fix my problem of no video being displayed. I'm currently using a completely generic Conexant PCI capture card from eBay. It uses the Conexant BT878 chipset. To get your similar card to work, uninstall all current video capture drivers in Device Manager, download this file, run it, and select video capture driver as Conexant NTSC, continue with install, reboot, and you're done. You should get a video input on EyeLine now, but I haven't tried it with multiple video channels.

I hope that solution has helped someone out there with the same problem of getting no video signal from the drivers using a generic eBay capture card, but I am now facing problems with EyeLine crashing, but I don't get any crashes with AMCap...