Motion detection .AVI files do not play

EyeSpeigh

• 2 weeks later...
... which accompanies the motion-detection .AVI - what is its purpose? The m-d .AVI does not play on my machine - I downloaded an independent MJPEG codec - but to no avail. Non m-d .AVIs seem OK to play.

You know, I am having the same problem. AVIs play on my computer with no problem, but Eyeline AVIs do not. When I try to play them, I get a black sreen with some gray horizontal lines at the bottom of the screen. I have used my camera with other video surveillance programs without any problems as well. Any thoughts anyone?

• 1 year later...
... which accompanies the motion-detection .AVI - what is its purpose? The m-d .AVI does not play on my machine - I downloaded an independent MJPEG codec - but to no avail. Non m-d .AVIs seem OK to play.

Same problem. Normal, no motion detection capture works fine, plays back in both eyeline and Windows Media Player. Motion detection enabled seems to capture but "Video Player"states Error loading file when trying to play back within Eyeline software and get "Codec doesn't match" message when trying to play back in Windows media Player.