Outbound messages not playing

nws_chicago

Hoping someone can help me with this question.

This weekend, our IVM software just stopped playing our outgoing messages. When someone calls, you don't hear anaything, and then it hangs up. Yet, when I go in to the OGM menu, it clearly states which outgoing message should be played. When you click on the "play message" button, nothing is heard. However, when I go to the file on the computer where the message is kept, and I run it from there, the message plays fine.

Help from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

• 10 months later...

I have also experienced this problem after a week of good service I have tried to set the system to email me the voice message. After changing the email header to exclude the call variables (call ID etc.) the system does not answer calls with the outgoing message, just silence. Local call simulation works fine and can hear OGM when checking. I tried reboots and reinstalls but only got the outgoing message back be a complete image reinstall! Great! I suppose there is a registry error which prevents the outgoing message, anybody have any ideas, I'm fed up with reinstalling the image! Running Win 2K SP2.

Run IVM as a service

If access to computer is done via Remote Desktop | Microsoft Terminal Server-Service, select the advanced option of 'Leave audio at remote computer' prior to connecting.

Configure Automatic Updates to "Notify When Updates Avail - Do Not Install"

-This prevents un-healthy modem driver / firmware updates to occure

without knowledge of possible driver change / conflict.

Cheers,

G

This weekend, our IVM software just stopped playing our outgoing messages. When someone calls, you don't hear anaything, and then it hangs up. Yet, when I go in to the OGM menu, it clearly states which outgoing message should be played. When you click on the "play message" button, nothing is heard. However, when I go to the file on the computer where the message is kept, and I run it from there, the message plays fine. 

I suggest you try the following:

Create a new OGM with a test message

-set IVM to answer with new message

- IF it answers OK, in the OGM directory copy the old wav. file over the new OGM wav. file.

Let me know if you still have a problem