Choppy OGM

tanpro

I've installed and tested and all appeared to be working correctly. Once I installed on the actual computer, the OGM is very choppy. I re-recorded the OGMs to the lowest settings and still, really choppy. I'm getting heat over this now as this was all suppossed to be in place and working last week. I've noticed that alot of people have posted that things work great during the demo and then have problems with the registered version.

Any suggestions?

specs???????

The puter is a Dell Dimension P4 3Gig with 512MB RAM. Using a Zoom V.90 Voice Fax/Modem (PCI). Only 1 incoming line with a small OGM menu (general greeting, 1 for hours, 2 for product listing, 3 for promos, 4 to page an attendant). I have the same puter on my desk as my test station. Worked flawless here in demo mode.

What other specs would you be needing?

Tom

hi tom,

in general speaking when asking support you would provide version,build,application parameters,

being in tech support for the last ten years "not with nch" nobody likes to do YOUR job, this being said

you might get a faster, more productive response using this approach.

Here is a clue......you think there is a difference between version 3.04 and 4.03??mmmmhhh.

But don't feel like a lone ranger because 90% of questions ask here are without specs!

I feel for nch tech support, especially when they get hammered for being non responsive.

I should have posted the version # of IVM but didn't think of it. I have version V4.03, nothing special.

I also understand providing support to the paying customers first, but we paid for a license, installed it and had it working. Month and a half later, puter crashed and the license wouldn't install, said that it expired. Sent in request to support and haven't heard from them in almost 3 weeks. I've never had to wait that long for any kind of reply from any vendor, paid or not paid. Hate to say it, but I got better support before buying the product. Kind of seems like it was, we'll help you until you buy our product and once you do (buy), good luck, you're stuck with the product and since you didn't pay extra for support, we won't help you. We paid over $160(US) for this product and am getting the feeling that we should have went with something else. That's just my personal opinion thus far.

Tom

hi Tom, there is only a couple of things that can cause "choppy" sound,

bad driver, low memory,bad recording,low bandwith

driver = yus worked before, any new install since??

memory = make sure ivm runs in high or more process level, default is normal.

sound = listen to your sound file with wmedia or something other than ivm, ck 4 quality

i dont produce wav files with ivm, it can but its not designed to do so, try this "textaloud",

stay with wav if you have plenty of space and not up/down loading files. "min compression"

disable ivm service, run fore ground only. several reasons here among is license ckeck.

ivm moved system file location from what they state in help files, before u reinstall, make sure yu have good backup.

i don't think i saw good uninstaller "how-to" in here, that included licenses key and register info settings removal.

try this for starters

ps is yur pc dedicated

I used their wavepad program to do the recordings and that worked pretty good. Saved as 8k non compressed recordings and they sound decent when played through external program (winamp).

We are waiting on a new modem now to see if that may be the problem. Possible, but doubt it.

PC is not a dedicated to IVM. Will try moving to another less used puter and see if there is any diff. We have very limited space for extra machines at our stores so we currently cannot dedicate a PC.

Appreciate your quick response. The new modem should be in today and will give that a try and post results.

Any suggestions on getting a reply to our license not working?

Tom

I changed out the modem and the choppy OGM is gone. I went with someones recommendation of the Hayes 15357 Fax/Modem. Works great! Still working on getting the software re-registered.

I've emailed support as they have requested and have not heard back. Running on the Demo for now.

Thanks for the help thus far.

Tom