IVM 4.03 Hang up

rdc

The OGM plays and then if you don't talk loud and right away it gives you a recording time out or silence detected error and hangs up. I have a Cahta. I have tried all the settings for the enable tone detect. How do you make it stay connected even if there is silence. We want it to wait at least 10 seconds before it hangs up no matter what. 4.03 on xp

The OGM plays and then if you don't talk loud and right away it gives you a recording time out or silence detected error and hangs up. I have a Cahta. I have tried all the settings for the enable tone detect. How do you make it stay connected even if there is silence. We want it to wait at least 10 seconds before it hangs up no matter what. 4.03 on xp

Clicking the settings button

Select the Telephony tab

Select the incoming line (for multiple incoming lines you will need to perform this action separately for each)

Click Properties

In the properties window reduce the 'End-of-Call Detect Delay(ms) from 4500 to 500

Click ok twice to get out of the setting window.

This should fix the problem for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am having the same problem after installing a CAHTA SHT-4B/USB. I used a voice modem previously and it generally worked well (except it didn't pick up caller ID every time). The new CAHTA USB device is picking up caller ID every time and always answers after the 3 rings that IVM is set to answer. However, after answering, the CAHTA board hangs after 1-2 seconds unless I am talking during these first 1-2 seconds.

I have tried all of the settings mentioned above in IVM but the results don't change. If I do speak during the first 1-2 seconds, the rest of the call works as expected and the CAHTA board responds very quickly to numbers entered by a caller.

I am running IVM 4.03 on XP and I have downloaded the latest drivers from Synway (4.8.0.1) for the CAHTA USB device.

I expect that there is a setting on the CAHTA board that I need to change through ShCtiConfig but i just don't know which one. Can anyone help or atleast give me an idea of what kind of setting I need to look for?

Thanks in advance

Hello, I am having the same problem after installing a CAHTA SHT-4B/USB. I used a voice modem previously and it generally worked well (except it didn't pick up caller ID every time). The new CAHTA USB device is picking up caller ID every time and always answers after the 3 rings that IVM is set to answer. However, after answering, the CAHTA board hangs after 1-2 seconds unless I am talking during these first 1-2 seconds.

I have tried all of the settings mentioned above in IVM but the results don't change. If I do speak during the first 1-2 seconds, the rest of the call works as expected and the CAHTA board responds very quickly to numbers entered by a caller.

I am running IVM 4.03 on XP and I have downloaded the latest drivers from Synway (4.8.0.1) for the CAHTA USB device.

I expect that there is a setting on the CAHTA board that I need to change through ShCtiConfig but i just don't know which one. Can anyone help or atleast give me an idea of what kind of setting I need to look for?

Thanks in advance

UPDATE!! Some success but clearly a problem in V4.03.

Hello, I have been working on this since my last post and since nobody has replied, I have done my best to find a solution/work around. After removig the device and reinstalling I found that it seemed to work for aboiut 4 to 5 inbound calls and then it would hang up immediately on all subsequent calls (if there was no voice in the first 1-2 seconds). Clearly removing the device and reinstalling ever 4-5 calls is NOT an option. After further defining the problem, I tried the following changes in an attempt to fix the issue.

Here is what I have tried:

I tried changing various settings within IVM including (one by one of course):

- "Enable end-of-call tone detection" (on and off)

- Enable software based ...." (on and off)

- "End of call Detect Delay" (tried numbers from 300 - 5000)

- Use default Out-Going Message VS Oride Out-GOing Message for this OGM

- on the Audio tab, Record Detect level" (0 to -32)

All of which failed to fixed the issue.

So I tried various versions of the Snyway drivers:

- v4.8.0.1

- v4.7.3.0

- v4.7.1.9

Again, all of which filaed to fix the problem (or even change the problem)

Just today, I tried to reinstall my older version (V 4.02) and eveything worked perfectly!!!! I tired to break it by calling over 10 times but it still worked perfectly. So I am currently using the following config:

- Win XP SP2 (patched to MS's latest updates)

- SHT 4B/USB

- Drivers for SHT 4B/USB are V4.7.1.9 (I will not update them as it works!!)

Unfortunately the E-mail function does not work properly with V4.02 but at least I can take calls now!! Also, I noticed that I cannot rename the main line (called "CAHTA 0") or IVM stops answering. Again, leaving it as CAHT 0 is a small price to pay for the ability to take calls.

According to this post: http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?show...art=#entry15871 Version 4.03 "* Updated CAHTA/Synway library". So clearly the issue is with the new code in Version 4.03.

Can someone from NCH comment on this and let me know how to get any fixes? please!!!!!!! I really need my E-mail function to work again.

Thank you

I'm having the exactly the same problems with version 4.03.

Still hoping for a fix.... :)

Arjen

Hi Arjen, not sure if you say my update to my earlier post.

I was having the same problem with a CAHTA SHT4B/USB 4 port telephone device. After days or testing and contacting Synway (see the details in my earlier post), I was able to trace it down IVM version 4.03 itself. The problem does NOT occur with version 4.02 as that is what I am using now. Unfortunately, the E-mail function doesn't work very well in this version of IVM but at least it answer calls :blink: . This is by no means a fix but I hope this will save you (or anyone who reads this) some time and frustration.

Arjen, can you post some details of your config? What board/modem are you using? Are you using Axon? .....

Also, can anyone from NCH comment on when this might be fixed.

Thank you

Hi Arjen, not sure if you say my update to my earlier post.

I was having the same problem with a CAHTA SHT4B/USB 4 port telephone device. After days or testing and contacting Synway (see the details in my earlier post), I was able to trace it down IVM version 4.03 itself. The problem does NOT occur with version 4.02 as that is what I am using now. Unfortunately, the E-mail function doesn't work very well in this version of IVM but at least it answer calls :blink: . This is by no means a fix but I hope this will save you (or anyone who reads this) some time and frustration.

Arjen, can you post some details of your config? What board/modem are you using? Are you using Axon? .....

Also, can anyone from NCH comment on when this might be fixed.

Thank you

Hi Newguy,

i'm using CAHTA SHT4B/USB 4 with version 4.03 on Windows 2003 Server. Today i found a 4.02 version of IVM and installed it.

It seems 'solved' now. No more spontanious hangups in the first 2 seconds. But with the email problem....

Arjen

Hi Newguy,

i'm using CAHTA SHT4B/USB 4 with version 4.03 on Windows 2003 Server. Today i found a 4.02 version of IVM and installed it.

It seems 'solved' now. No more spontanious hangups in the first 2 seconds. But with the email problem....

Arjen

Arjen, I am also using the CAHTA SHT4B/USB 4 and version 4.03 - same problem here. Where did you find version 4.02 ? I could not find it anywhere but I sure would like to try it. Thanks, Clemens

I just did some more testing - and this is very strange. I played with the settings similar to newguy and arjen with similar results. No change in behavior but here is something else:

If there is background noise on the callers phone, it does not stop the message after 2-3 seconds. If you call the number yourself, press a couple keys it will also continue with the message -- and afterwards it even works with quiet calls.

I called each of my numbers pressed OGM unassigned keys to get to the end of the message - and since none of the calls got dropped after 2-3 seconds any more. If you restart IVM - you have to call each number again to get it started. I also submitted a support request as I have 12 month email support.

Can anyone verify this?

Thanks.

Arjen, I am also using the CAHTA SHT4B/USB 4 and version 4.03 - same problem here. Where did you find version 4.02 ? I could not find it anywhere but I sure would like to try it. Thanks, Clemens

Hi PALabs, I already had a copy since IVM v4.02 was the current version when I first started using the software. I looked around the internet to direct you to a place to download it but could not find a file that was the same size as my version 4.02. Therefore, I just don't trust the contents of these files.

What I will do is make my FTP server available with my copy v4.02 at ftp://tvk.homeip.net:53003/ (anonymous login) for about 24 hours. After that I am going on vacation and don't like to leave this server available to the internet. Please do your best to download in this time. If you do not get in time, I will make it available again in about two weeks when I return.

In the meantime, Arjen9999, do you have a better place to download v4.02 from?

BTW, PALabs, I had the same result with callers with background noise. as long as there is some type of noise (or sound) in the first couple of seconds, the rest of the call would work perfectly.

I'm glad to hear you placed a support request as I don't believe the NCH folks are montioring this thread. Please let us know if you get any resolution from the NCH folks. Thanks

Thanks a lot Newguy. I just tried to download the file but could not access your ftp server. It seems like port 53003 does not work. I searched around as well and could not find v 4.02 - I can put it on a webserver I run - but I need the file first. I will try a little later again. Thanks.

Hi PALabs, I already had a copy since IVM v4.02 was the current version when I first started using the software. I looked around the internet to direct you to a place to download it but could not find a file that was the same size as my version 4.02. Therefore, I just don't trust the contents of these files.

What I will do is make my FTP server available with my copy v4.02 at ftp://tvk.homeip.net:53003/ (anonymous login) for about 24 hours. After that I am going on vacation and don't like to leave this server available to the internet. Please do your best to download in this time. If you do not get in time, I will make it available again in about two weeks when I return.

In the meantime, Arjen9999, do you have a better place to download v4.02 from?

BTW, PALabs, I had the same result with callers with background noise. as long as there is some type of noise (or sound) in the first couple of seconds, the rest of the call would work perfectly.

I'm glad to hear you placed a support request as I don't believe the NCH folks are montioring this thread. Please let us know if you get any resolution from the NCH folks. Thanks

Finally it works -- thanks to newguy I installed version 4.02 and tested it. This version does not hang up after 2-3 seconds. Navigation through a OGM model is fine and finally forwarding the voicemail to an email address seems to work as well.

I got a response from NCH regarding my support request - but they neither have 4.02 available nor did I get any solution for the problem in 4.03 yet - they just said that the next version should fix it. I will update this post when I have more news.

If anyone else needs 4.02 for the same reason - send me a private note. Thanks everyone.

Thanks a lot Newguy. I just tried to download the file but could not access your ftp server. It seems like port 53003 does not work. I searched around as well and could not find v 4.02 - I can put it on a webserver I run - but I need the file first. I will try a little later again. Thanks.

I downloaded it from http://www.soft32.com/download/63-92431/ivmsetup.exe

Arjen

• 3 weeks later...

uping the 'End of Call Detect Delay from 4500 to 500 does not work either. Any other suggestions?

Clicking the settings button

Select the Telephony tab

Select the incoming line (for multiple incoming lines you will need to perform this action separately for each)

Click Properties

In the properties window reduce the 'End-of-Call Detect Delay(ms) from 4500 to 500

Click ok twice to get out of the setting window.

This should fix the problem for you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Version 4.04 of IVM has been released, I believe this should fix the problems you have been experiencing.

Hi, I tested 4.04 yesterday and it seemed to fix the issue of this hang up just like ti did in version 4.02. However, my license is not valid for this new release and they want ME to pay to fix the problem THEY caused in version 4.03.

Come on guys. You made a mistake. It happens. Now, do the right thing and release a free fix to the problem.

All I want to do is to be able to use the product as it was advertised. Nothing more.

Please help

Hi, I tested 4.04 yesterday and it seemed to fix the issue of this hang up just like ti did in version 4.02. However, my license is not valid for this new release and they want ME to pay to fix the problem THEY caused in version 4.03.

Come on guys. You made a mistake. It happens. Now, do the right thing and release a free fix to the problem.

You will need to go through our registration support system. Explain your case clearly and nicely. Our support staff didn't write the software, but they are able to help you with licensing issues.

You could also just install v4.02 again :)

You will need to go through our registration support system. Explain your case clearly and nicely. Our support staff didn't write the software, but they are able to help you with licensing issues.

You could also just install v4.02 again :)

I understand that the support staff didn't write the software. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any other way to connect to someone in your company. I can't find an 800 number. I tried E-mail but they won't respond because I didn't pay the extra cost for support so this forum seems to me the only way to communicate with the company.

As you can clearly sense, I am very frustrated with this product and this company. After spending $600+ for the software and CAHTA board, I do not have a piece of software that will answer my phone and send me an E-mail (version 4.02 has an bug in the E-mail system). I am still running 4.02 because it is the version that comes closest to working properly.

This is not meant as a personal attack on anyone, I'm sorry you took it that way. I just want something that works as advertised. If you had spent $600 on a TV and could only get 30 channels, then waited 6 months for a fix, and then were told it would cost you more to get the other channels, you would be pretty upset too.

How can I get to this "registration support system" and what do you suggest I say to them?

Thank you

I understand that the support staff didn't write the software. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any other way to connect to someone in your company. I can't find an 800 number. I tried E-mail but they won't respond because I didn't pay the extra cost for support so this forum seems to me the only way to communicate with the company.

Due to the various free products we offer, we're only able to provide a contact number to Platinum support customers. As for the email, we do respond to every one sent to our support team. If you have not paid for support you simply enter our unpaid support queue, we don't ignore you.

If you had spent $600 on a TV and could only get 30 channels, then waited 6 months for a fix, and then were told it would cost you more to get the other channels, you would be pretty upset too.

Actually here in Australia, we only get 5 television channels. :(

How can I get to this "registration support system" and what do you suggest I say to them?

Through our registration support page (www.nch.com.au/support/reg.html) there is a link that directs you to our contact support page: www.nch.com.au/support/regcontact.html. Simply just say that you purchased v4.02 and found an issue with it. You tried sorting through this issue by going to the forums for help. They suggested that it was fixed in v4.04 and that you should use this version. Insure you include your current registration details (Name, Location, ID, Key) as these will be needed to issue a new license.

Through our registration support page (www.nch.com.au/support/reg.html) there is a link that directs you to our contact support page: www.nch.com.au/support/regcontact.html. Simply just say that you purchased v4.02 and found an issue with it. You tried sorting through this issue by going to the forums for help. They suggested that it was fixed in v4.04 and that you should use this version. Insure you include your current registration details (Name, Location, ID, Key) as these will be needed to issue a new license.

Thank you. I will try it.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you. I will try it.

Just an update on this.

I worked with the registration support and since I had problems with the basic features of the product, they updated my license so that I could use the product as it was meant to be used. :)

Now that I have a fully functioning version again, I remebered what a great product this can be! Thank you for help nchto!