Sound Tap not working with Windows Vista

LYoung

Hello: I've just purchased a new computer using Windows Vista and am having problems getting Sound Tap to work properly.

After installing Sound Tap, it does not record.

There are two issues that I have identified. The first is when I open Sound Tap I get a Windows message stating that Windows Vista does not support Sound Tap and that I manually have to make Sound Tap my default playback devce. Unfortunately, if I do this, then all normal sound (for playing movies, etc) does not work.

The second message I get is in the Sound Tap black window, a red message appears saying that Sound Tap was not initialized properly.

Anyone out there have any ideas on how to get Vista and Sound Tap to mesh?

Thanks so much.

LYoung

As a Vista security measure, driver signature enforcement is enabled every time you start your computer. To correctly install SoundTap driver for Vista do the following:

• Restart the computer
  • Repeatedly press the F8 key
  • Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"
  • Windows will now boot up
  • Re-install SoundTap

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, LYoung

Sure it does. After you install it, set all your configurations, like mp3 or wave, remember:

To record, you must go to Control Panel|Sounds|Playback tab and select Sound Tap as Default.

Once you are finished recording, you go BACK to Control Panel and re-select your normal Playback Default. So, when you first make the change, make sure you note what the default was.

Also, everything else would work as long as you have Sound Tap started. But, who would want that anyway? So got back and do the re-selecting of your original default Playback.

I just installed 1.30. When I would finish recording in 1.25, I could see and re-name my files right there in Find and Play. In 1.30 they do not show, I need to go to Recordings via Windows Explorer.

>>RSM

• 8 months later...

Yes I nave the same problem except my is Window XP Home Edtion it says every thing is working fine

so i kinda think that it's because digital Signer saysl:

"not digitally signed"

i maybe wrong so i don't know what to do any more

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?!?!? huh:

Yes I nave the same problem except my is Window XP Home Edtion it says every thing is working fine

so i kinda think that it's because digital Signer saysl:

"not digitally signed"

i maybe wrong so i don't know what to do any more

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?!?!? huh:

Hello, Im using Vista 64. When i download soundtap and reach the accept terms page i get a message "could not install the Virtual Audio Recording Driver".

Is there any place i can download this driver, cause it seems ic ant record anything without it.

I installed soundtap on my other computer with Xp and had no problems

Hello, Im using Vista 64. When i download soundtap and reach the accept terms page i get a message "could not install the Virtual Audio Recording Driver".

Is there any place i can download this driver, cause it seems ic ant record anything without it.

I installed soundtap on my other computer with Xp and had no problems

Hi, there is not currently a 64bit driver for SoundTap. There is one being released in the not too distant future.

Cheers,

BJW