Trouble working with Dynamic IP & Registration Timeout

manishg3

I am having problem working with dynamic ip.

I have AXON setup @ one of the servers @ US dataccenter. That is a public ip box where i have other sites running.

On this AXON, I have create 2 extensions 101, 102.

At my home, I have DSL connection.

DSL Modem ==> Netgear Router ==> PAP2T

I have set up the dsl dialing @ Netgear, so when ever my router registers for broadband, it gets a dynamic ip 59.xxx.xxx.xxx.

So once my PAP2T is registered, I can see in AXON web that my extension is registered under the assigned IP.

Now what happens is, if due to some power failure, the modem/router/PAP2T restarts, Netgear gets a different IP.

But at the same time, when i go to AXON web, I still see the old IP with the time stamp of next registration.

I could not find any where in AXON where I can change the registration timeout. (currently it seems to be 1 hr)

I have setup the registration timeout @ my PAP2T for every 1 min. Still the AXON web shows the old timing.

As soon as I restart AXON, it gets the new IP, but this cant be done when the users are more (somewhere 100+)

Please help me in finding the solution.

Regards

MG

Eventhough it shows a old IP, it does'nt matter. because when you start calling or send invite (FROM CLIENT) to your axon server, automatically it resets itself to that new ip.

The old ip will be set as long as you are not using it (client).