How to Set Up Dial Dictate and Vonage

mdgillis7

I wanted to know what Vonage product(s) and/or service(s) to use with Dial Dictate site license? I am running a Windows XP Pro server with Dial Dictate V4.09 behind a Symantec firewall. I currently have two incoming land based phone lines and would like to add more but try it with VoIP. Do I have to have one of the Vonage adapters or the softphone? I am using DSL through AT&T and have an internal network. I wasn't sure if I would need to connect my internet cable to the adapter and then the adapter to the computer... What do I need to turn OFF in the firewall to enable incoming calls? Thanks for your help.

• 5 weeks later...

I have 4 vonage lines comming into a dialdictate 3.1 server using the Linksys Vonage Adapters. I also have dialdictate 4.11 site license on a XP Pro Server using vonage softphone lines. You can get two simultaneous incomming calls on one softphone line. Since I skipped version 4.09, I do not know if it was VOIP compatable. If it was, use the softphone, if not, you can use the vonage adapter and connect to your telephony card like a normal telephone. You may need to to use port forwarding to get the VOIP ports through your symantec firewall.

I wanted to know what Vonage product(s) and/or service(s) to use with Dial Dictate site license? I am running a Windows XP Pro server with Dial Dictate V4.09 behind a Symantec firewall. I currently have two incoming land based phone lines and would like to add more but try it with VoIP. Do I have to have one of the Vonage adapters or the softphone? I am using DSL through AT&T and have an internal network. I wasn't sure if I would need to connect my internet cable to the adapter and then the adapter to the computer... What do I need to turn OFF in the firewall to enable incoming calls? Thanks for your help.