Outgoing calls work but not incoming

NiQ

I have set up an Axon server on my Win2k3 server to see if I should buy some of the other software but I can't get the incoming calls to work.

I have installed Express Talk to try it before I try Axon on my voip router and phone. When I now try to call out from Express talk it work just fine. It connects through the Axon server and are ringing on SIP 101@myserver.

But when im trying to call in I just get three repeating beeps and no ringing tone.

Anyone who can help me figure out what's wrong? I can call out from the computer but not recieve incoming calls so I really don't get it..

If possible please include any relevant log information (from Axon, Express Talk etc.) the error codes that are logged will provide more information about the problem you may be experiencing and the possible solutions.

• 3 weeks later...

NCH products are notoriously finicky when it comes to router/firewalls. I had to swap out my SMC router/firewall for a FireBox in order to get Axon to work. I'm now having the same problems on a system with a Linksys router/firewall. I can set up NCH software (Axon & ExpressTalk) along with four other hardware and software SIP phones behind a given router/firewall and get all of them to work except the NCH products. I can even end up with ExpressTalk working but Axon not functioning in one direction or the other. Their software just doesn't seem to have the smarts of other products when it comes to traversing a router/firewall.

Your best bet is to ensure that your router/firewall is set up so that whatever ports you are using get routed directly to the server running Axon. If that doesn't help, replace your router/firewall with a newer model of the best quality you can afford. The best router/firewall that I have found to use with small scale Axon projects is the Watchguard Firebox SOHO 6. You can get them used on ebay for under $100 but expect to pay another $70 for a support subscription. The latter is well with the cost as the updating service and technical support are top notch.

Regards,

wizard

Thanks for the advices guys. But now the problems is the other way around. I can now phone IN on my server and answer calls but I can't call out and make calls. Then I get the "Request pending" or "time out" error. I have no firewall. The windows firewall on my server is off but I do have a netword bridge on two network cards. The one that connects my gameingcomputer with the server and the one wich connect with my voip router.

• 2 weeks later...

By "calling out" do you mean to a VoIP provider that you have set up as an external trunk?

You may have a problem with your dialplan or the VoIP trunk you are trying to call out on isn't able to register. The logs should show you if your VoIP trunk can register, in fact the first window that comes up when you start Axon will show you that. If the board isn't able to determine it's public IP , even if it isn't static, find out what it is right now and datafill it as if it was static just to test. that may be preventing your VoIP trunk from registering. You can get a Free World Dialup number for free, it's great for testing before signing up for a "real" VoIP provider (one you have to pay for).