axon as voip to voip gateway

madlac

Hi,

I have multiple VOIP accounts from different countries and 1 Linksys 2102 extension in my house.

They work perfect, routing them is very easy.

I would like to configure my system, so when I call a VOIP line from my cell , I can transfer my call to another VOIP line. Is it possible ?

Thx

Yes, simple create a dialing plan in Axon that will use the appropriate line based on the dialed number (eg if number starts with 2, use line 2 and remove the "2" digit from the start of the number, otherwise use line 1).

Then using your softphone or hardware phone / ata adapter's transfer feature (if it has one) to initiate a call transfer and use the dialing rules you have set in Axon to dial the number with the 2nd line (eg 2 NNN NNNN).

If you want an automatic transfer (eg, you call in to your house, and then get a prompt where you are asked to enter the number you wish to dial and then have it transfer you so you don't pay outrageous cellphone prices for the long distance call, then you will need IVM.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, simple create a dialing plan in Axon that will use the appropriate line based on the dialed number (eg if number starts with 2, use line 2 and remove the "2" digit from the start of the number, otherwise use line 1).

Then using your softphone or hardware phone / ata adapter's transfer feature (if it has one) to initiate a call transfer and use the dialing rules you have set in Axon to dial the number with the 2nd line (eg 2 NNN NNNN).

If you want an automatic transfer (eg, you call in to your house, and then get a prompt where you are asked to enter the number you wish to dial and then have it transfer you so you don't pay outrageous cellphone prices for the long distance call, then you will need IVM.

Thx, the 2nd one is exactly what I'd like to do : to be able to call home from my cell and be able to use one of my outbound lines to call my parents in Europe etc.

I have IVM intalled, couldn't figure out yet how to do it, though.

Any help to at least where to start would be much appreciated.