Vista

tviles

Had IVM working on XP Pro, AOpen FM56=SVV modem. Bought new HP Pavlion pc and put in same AOpen modem. New OS is Vista Home Premium. Modem answers incoming call but caller hears nothing. Simulator works. Modem driver is correct. Is it Vista and the modem or the config file we used from the XP Pro system? Boss wants it working and we are ready to buy software. Makes me wish I had stuck to the old pc instead of asking for a new HP pc. No AOpen drivers for Vista on AOpen site, but not sure that is the problem.

Here is something you can try:

You stated; "Modem answers incoming call but caller hears nothing." However, you didn't say if you heard the OGM through the PCs speakers - if that happened.

If that's the case you can try to change the default audio out in IVM. Settings/Audio tab : Play Device and Volume

OR/AND

[Windows XP] Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Audio tab

(I don't have a voice modem hooked up to any Vista PC - so I don't know the path to work with this.)

I had this issue: OGM was playing out through speakers and not through the phone. Followed the IVM help/online help/forum and couldn't tell you exactly what I did that worked. Seems I ended up where I started.

Final settings:

IVM is set to use the modem as the Play Device in Settings/Audio tab

WinXP has sound card in selected in Control Panel/Sounds...

One thing I think was needed. After an IVM and/or OS change I think I needed to reboot for the settings to 'take' as I didn't get what I expected with just the changes made.

Remember, one change one test - takes longer but easier to diagnose.

Good luck.

Kevin

Thanks I will give it a try. Also waiting for a Multi-Tech modem to come in. There is a post from a person that says it should work with Vista. No we do not hear the OGM coming thru the speakers during a call in. Only hear the OGM when using the simulator.

Cannot test caller ID we don't have that option on our work lines. Currently cannot get email to work again. Giving error. I think I can get this figured out. Program still needs to capture email settings when you do a save program as IVR Program File function. Using vista mail / windows mail whatever you want to call it. Cannot get this setting to work either--> Under settings/general Service Settings Run on this account. I cannot type anything in there that the IVM will accept. I know my logon name and password and I am setup as administrator.

• 3 months later...
Are you using Vista x64? I could get no modems to work with that

No we are using Vista Home Premium x86. I have been reading about Vista locking up on other users but we have not had that problem. If users account has a password you will come into work in the morning to a login screen after MS updates but that was easy to fix.

We still get a message now and then winding up in the default mailbox and can't figure that one out.