Record from sound card

Cliff

OK, I did that (its called "Stereo Mixer" on my PC).  I found I have to turn the volume (record level) slider all the way down as far as it goes, and it still seems to be recording a bit too loud.  When recording the meters are solidly in the red.  Any ideas on how to correct that?

What version of WavePad you are using? I think you are using the old version, download version 1.10 from our website and try this:

~ Press F5 to Record. In Record Control Window, select Wave Out Mix in the second top drop down list. This will enable WavePad to record from your soundcard

~ You will see the record volume control on the right.

Hope this will help. If you still have problem, feel free to get back to me.

• 2 weeks later...
What version of WavePad you are using? I think you are using the old version, download version 1.10 from our website and try this:

~ Press F5 to Record. In Record Control Window, select Wave Out Mix in the second top drop down list. This will enable WavePad to record from your soundcard

~ You will see the record volume control on the right.

Hope this will help. If you still have problem, feel free to get back to me.

I have Version 1.10. In the Record Control Window I have these options: Windows Record Mixer, Stereo Mixer, Mic, Line In, CD Player, Video, and Aux.

If I set it to Stereo Mixer, then set the Record Volume to -30 dB its garbled sound. I have to reduce it all the way down to -36 dB, then its resonably clear but I still hear some distortion, like it wants to be even lower but I can't set it any lower. Also I noticed the waveform produced when set to -30 dB is mostly on the "minus" side when the +/- button is pushed, sometimes entirely minus. When I set the Record Volume to -36 dB, its more balanced +/- but still more minus than plus. Is it clipping the signal? Any suggestions on how to turn down the Record Volume more?