Dragon Naturally Speaking Problem

vanwagner

"Loading of the speaker failed. Please check that a valid speaker is selected."

No matter which speaker I have selected (0,1, default, me) in Settings, I get this error message.

And yes, Dragon Naturally Speaking is loaded and has been trained and works fine with other programs.

If I have a valid speaker selected, but I still get this error message, what else can I try? Or is this a bug that NCH has to fix?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest nchto

Could you please download the current release version of Express Scribe and see if this issue is still present for you? I've tested it here and am unable to replicate this problem.

Hi. I have the same problem. But it even goes further. Although there are at least 4 users in Dragon, I can't see these in the settingsbox so I also cannot tell which profile to use.

Does anybody know how to solve this? I use version 4.12 and dragon 8 preferred.

Tnx,

Paul

Hi. I have the same problem. But it even goes further. Although there are at least 4 users in Dragon, I can't see these in the settingsbox so I also cannot tell which profile to use.

Does anybody know how to solve this? I use version 4.12 and dragon 8 preferred.

I'm also getting the same error message. While Dragon appears under "Use Speech Recognition Engine" and there is one user in Dragon, that name does not appear in the dropdown box that appears after clicking on User Setup nor does typing in the numeral 0 as the User I.D. resolve the error message. Installing and generating the audio files with Express Dictate likewise does not resolve the problem.

I am also using Express Scribe Version 4.12, but using Dragon 9 Standard.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!

• 4 weeks later...
I'm also getting the same error message. While Dragon appears under "Use Speech Recognition Engine" and there is one user in Dragon, that name does not appear in the dropdown box that appears after clicking on User Setup nor does typing in the numeral 0 as the User I.D. resolve the error message. Installing and generating the audio files with Express Dictate likewise does not resolve the problem.

I am also using Express Scribe Version 4.12, but using Dragon 9 Standard.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!

:angry: I'm also having the same problem trying to use Express Scribe with Dragon. Although my Dragon has been properly installed and "trained", there are absolutely no names in the dropdown menu when I click on User Setup. Does anyone know if a "fix" has been found?

Thanks anyone for any help/information!

Diane

:angry: I'm also having the same problem trying to use Express Scribe with Dragon. Although my Dragon has been properly installed and "trained", there are absolutely no names in the dropdown menu when I click on User Setup. Does anyone know if a "fix" has been found?

Thanks anyone for any help/information!

Diane

Admin NCHTO has an addition to a thread "Please Read This" which supplies a link to a previous version v.4.05, I think from Oct 2006. If you save the current or your favorite version essetup.exe in the in c:\programs\nch swift sound, and since this is a zip file, you can switch back and forth between them for whichever works best with whatever other audio, etc. Here's the link he gave

"You can also get it [version 4.05] from our site... www.audiochannel.net/software/es.zip "

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I am a new customer to NCH. Unfortuntately I too, am not able to realize Express Scribe's full potential along side my Dragon 9 Medical version becuase it doesn't recognize the user profiles or attempt to automatically launch the Dragon voice recognition engine when a new audio file comes in.

This advertised Integrated capability was one of the reason's I choose NCH over the competition. I am anxiously awaiting a solution to this problem. Thx

Guest nchto

For all the users who are experiencing troubles with versions of Dragon, please ensure that no other program is open (including the Dragon toolbar) which may be using Dragon program. Only one program can have access to the Dragon engine at a time, and if more than one are open then it will result in an error. This is documented in the help for the program.

For all the users who are experiencing troubles with versions of Dragon, please ensure that no other program is open (including the Dragon toolbar) which may be using Dragon program. Only one program can have access to the Dragon engine at a time, and if more than one are open then it will result in an error. This is documented in the help for the program. Only one program can have access to the Dragon engine at a time, and if more than one are open then it will result in an error.

I am new to this forum. So forgive me if I didn't set the quote right. I too would like to know how to use Dragon with Express Scribe. I purchased mine with the Marantz from Martel. I am a courtreporter and I would like to know how to use the transcribe feature in Express Scribe so I do not have to redictate everything.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm also experiencing problems in using Express Scribe with Dragon Naturally Speaking and would love to know if anyone has found a solution to this. I'm using Dragon Naturally Speaking 8.1 with Express Scribe 4.15. When I try using the Speech-to-Text feature in Express Scribe, it recognises that Dragon is the speech recognition engine I'm using, and it also recognises the speakers we have trained. No matter which speaker I use however, I get the error meesage mentioned in other posts to this forum - "Loading of the speaker failed. Please check that a valid speaker is selected".

I've checked that the Dragon speech recognition engine is not being used by another process, and have tried running Express Sribe with no other software just to be sure. If anyone has any other suggestions they would be very much appreciated!

Kind regards, Lyn

• 4 weeks later...
Hi All,

I'm also experiencing problems in using Express Scribe with Dragon Naturally Speaking and would love to know if anyone has found a solution to this. I'm using Dragon Naturally Speaking 8.1 with Express Scribe 4.15. When I try using the Speech-to-Text feature in Express Scribe, it recognises that Dragon is the speech recognition engine I'm using, and it also recognises the speakers we have trained. No matter which speaker I use however, I get the error meesage mentioned in other posts to this forum - "Loading of the speaker failed. Please check that a valid speaker is selected".

I've checked that the Dragon speech recognition engine is not being used by another process, and have tried running Express Sribe with no other software just to be sure. If anyone has any other suggestions they would be very much appreciated!

Kind regards, Lyn

Hi, I'm in the same position having just purchased Naturally Speaking thinking this was going to work with Express Scribe. When is this hiccup going to be sorted out??

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Express Scribe 4.15, Dragon 9.10 SP1 - problem continues of "Loading of the speaker failed. Please check that a valid speaker is selected."

However, in Settings/Other, the Dragon user is listed. But whatever settings I select, I still get the error message.

This is not new in this thread, of course. But it's new for 4.15 and Dragon 9.10 SP 1, which are the latest releases to date.

Is anybody up there listening?

I don't know if this will help, particularly as I am not a Dragon user. However, I use ViaVoice and I found similar conflicts with ES. My solution was to uncheck the box 'use speech recognition engine' and open ES and your SR program independently. It's not ideal but it works! I have ES 4.15.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, alibal13. Do you mean, transcribe the file with Dragon, then edit them with ES? I do that, especially on longer files. (There's pros and cons -- if I don't edit in Dragon, I don't train it by correcting its mistakes, but Dragon is so slow.)

If you mean something else, I'm interested!

Thank you, alibal13. Do you mean, transcribe the file with Dragon, then edit them with ES? I do that, especially on longer files. (There's pros and cons -- if I don't edit in Dragon, I don't train it by correcting its mistakes, but Dragon is so slow.)

If you mean something else, I'm interested!

I mean I use ES to play the files and use ViaVoice to dictate them. Then I correct using the saved speech session on VV to ensure it continues to learn my voice. I keep the programs separate as, for this use, there is no need to integrate them. Do you have something else in mind? What do you mean edit with ES? If Dragon is slow, maybe you have an older version? Have a look at www.speechcomputing.com - there is loads there about Dragon.

Please let me know if I have missed the point!