IVM - telephony card - AXON with no PBX

jacanas2

Hi everyone... I have bought a telephony card (4port) from altoedge (order HW11252) And I was planning to use it with IVM along with AXON and ExpressTalk.

Here are the facts:

* I dont have a PBX (I has deciding between PBX an telephony card, I didnt want to buy both)

* I have 3 computers in an internal network. each of them has express talk BE (all working fine, I can make calls between all of them)

* There is an extra computer (server) which has the telephony card, AXON and IVM running on it

* 4 telephone lines (not voip).

I have configured IVM to answer all the lines and then give all the information needed to costumers... at some point, they have the option to transfer the call for assistence to an AXON extension (as I dont have PBX), but for some reasson, I havent figure out how to do it. When I ask IVM to transfer the call to an extension, it is trying to dial a PBX extension (as I can hear the tones)... but what I really need it to do is to dial an AXON extension....

:blink: This seems very stupid but I havent figured out how to do it (as I can call from other extension to extension 198 and 199 which are IVM auto attendant). Im worried because I have read similar post with no answers... at this point I have found I have the option to buy 4 ata adapters (which worth like a half of the telephony card) and return the card to ALTOEDGE. I really dont want to spend more money in shipping costs... so I really hope there is a solution for this...

I might seem desperate... but I havent sleep for like 36 hours :o , trying to get around this... any help will be much appreciate

I'm not sure what you're doing, but I use this method and it works fine:

- Install Axon

- Install IVM

- Have IVM answer calls (eg after 2nd ring)

- In the OGM ask the caller what to do

- Have an option (eg press 4) that will initiate transfer

- Select transfer call as the action to perform

- Enter the extension number to transfer to (INCLUDING any prefix needed according to the dialing plan. For example, I have mine set so if the number starts with 2, remove the 2 and dial the extension, eg 2198 would phone 198, so when you transfer make sure you follow the dialing plan rules as well)

- Set it to answer detect, although blind transfer would probably work as well

Should work, let me know how it goes.

Hy pythonphone... Thanks for your prompt answer...

The issue is that the call comes from 4 lines that are attached to a telephony card (PSTN)... and I need to transfer the call to AXON extensions. As far as I have read in the NCH help files, it is not possible to transfer calls between this two platforms (VOIP and Traditional), although IVM can answer and hndle the call very well in any of each platform, it is not possible to do as I need it to....

As far as I understand, you are handling VOIP calls... and in that case IVM works like a charm... but between the 2 systems is not possible yet (which I think is very frustrating and I hope they can fix this bug for the next version of the program)

I have already ask AltoEdge for the process to return the telefony card (USD 498) - sniff

In the meanwhile, I now understand that I need to buy ATA adapters to solve the issue (maybe linksys sipura)... I am a little confussed though... What I need is to answer calls from PSTN lines.. Do I need FXO or FXS adapters???? what is the difference between them?

:)

Oh ok, sorry for the misunderstanding.

You should look into NCH's Carousel software. It can act as a virtual FXO adapter to convert analogue lines from certain voice-boards into digital voip lines. There's no guarantee it's compatible with your setup, but it'd probably save you a fair bit of money and trouble if you could avoid having to buy multiple ATAs.

http://nch.com.au/carousel/index.html

Guest nchto

In the IVM line properties for your telephony board (the Options tab) there is an "Allow outbound and message forward calls on this line" option. Simply disable this for the telephony board lines, and enable it for the Axon SIP lines.