RealAudio RM to WAV

Guest BJ

I would appreciate help with converting *.rm files to *.wav files using this converter. I select the rm file for conversion and it says it is decoding it but it just quits eventually. The blue progress indicator is all the way to the right but it just reverts back to the main screen with a red X next to the rm file I want to convert to a wav. I have tried changing the audio sound card setting but nothing changed. I downloaded WavePad just to see if I could load the rm file to it but again the same thing happens. Any ideas? WavePad at least does list rm files in the file type drop down box. With switch I have to select "all other files" in order to select an rm file type. Thanks. <_<

• 1 year later...

I am also having issues with this rm/ra conversion to .wav ... i add the rm or ra file to switch, then click convert. Immediately, the conversion fails...and i'm prompted to check the website for possible answers.

I tried the file extension change from rm to ra and the same thing keeps happening. I try to play the rm or ra file in switch and it claims that it cannot be opened ... however, i can play the files in Real Player.

What other options can i try? i'd greatly appreciate it. thanks

phillee

• 1 month later...

I had immediate failures on attempting to convert multiple .ra files, so I tried opening them with Real Player. The player couldn't play the first file and said it needed to update. I allowed it to update, which downloaded a new codec, after which Switch was able to convert my files.

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to convert .ram to mp3 on my Powerbook G4 17" running Mac OS 10.4.6. The .ram files play fine in realplayer. But the switch software gives this error: "Cannot open the file... Check it exists and you have read access." (file path omitted)

Another thread here suggests changing the file extensions, and I have tried .ra, .rm, and .ram to no avail.

Any advice?

• 9 months later...

I'm guessing that this problem still hasn't been addressed, seeing how I encountered the same problem today. It works when I convert .wma to .mp3 so I don't really understand the problem.

EDIT: Just went back to re-read the FAQ and I realised that such a conversion isn't supported on a Mac. Why is that?