Express Burn FAQ: fails every time

marty39

Support page says:

P. Express Burn fails every time I attempt to burn a CD

There are a large number of CD/DVD drives and at this time Express Burn is incompatible with some models. Please contact us with your drive details and we will try to update Express Burn to support your drive.

My comment: that's nonsense. Follow standards and your software will work every time. If it doesn't work, the reason will not be "Express Burn is incompatible with some models" but "some models are incompatible with the standards." Your excuse reveals your problem.

Guest nchto

We do completely follow the standards, the trouble is the drives don't always which results in this incompatibility. The wording for that support page answer is designed to follow the KISS principle, and hence doesn't mention standards. When an incompatibility arises people usually assume it's the software's problem, not that the hardware isn't following the standards. With that answer we simply try and move past the confusion and on to offering a solution.

• 4 weeks later...
We do completely follow the standards, the trouble is the drives don't always which results in this incompatibility. The wording for that support page answer is designed to follow the KISS principle, and hence doesn't mention standards. When an incompatibility arises people usually assume it's the software's problem, not that the hardware isn't following the standards. With that answer we simply try and move past the confusion and on to offering a solution.

Your help information says all drives are not compatible with Express Burn. My drive is a _NEC NR-7700A. Is it compatible? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nchto

We offer a 14-day trial for this very reason, please feel free to download this and see for yourself.