IVM unable to autodetect public IP...

vanDivX

Hi there, ever since I installed IVM several days ago (on the same PC as Axon and Express Talk softphone) it can't determine my WAN IP and it thinks the internet connection might be down and it says the port 5070 might be blocked and blah blah... internet is working fine, ports are forwarded and Axon is fine, ExpressTalk phone is fine on port 5071

IVM says it is unable to autodetect public IP and that STUN server failed (fwdnet.net) and that it will be using private IP

===============

OK I solved this issue by self help, went to Settings tab Telephony and there directed both lines 198 & 199 to Axon's extensions, not terribly obvious at first

now I have another question, I have another Express Talk softphone in remote location on WAN (it is registered to remote Axon as Extension) and when I installed that phone I also installed IVM, does that make sense if there is no Axon on that LAN and I don't have any official SIP account anywhere (if I don't count my Axon isntallation)? and if so should I register it to Axon in remote loacation where my IVM and so on are that I had trouble configuring just now?

vanDivX

• 1 month later...

I'm recving this message, unable to auto detect ... and it is beginning to bug the irrits out of me :angry:

Your solution, though helpful in parts, isn't detailed enough ... <_< ... if anybody else has a detailed solution to this issue, it would be HEAPS appreciated :D

Cheers! B)

If it can't detect your public IP try enabling the stun servers and/or the upnp option in settings. If both are these are still on and you're experiecing problems, perhaps your router's firewall is blocking network connections to the program and you should try portforwarding the appropriate ports on your router if you haven't already done so. If none of the above works, well there is probably something wrong, but you can always resort to specifying the IP address manually if necessary.

woah .... talk about a FAST reply ... :blink:

I am retrying all combinations of these advanced settings, including reset the router to a STATIC ip ... which I found was a little more techy than I thought :) ...

I'll update as soon as I get it figured ... esentially, it seems to be a "port forwarding" issue ... as outlined in another post ... but we will see how it all goes :D

Tas

Not really, maybe you got issues because the NAT is already forwarding ports, but redirecting local port 8000 to external port 9000... just guessing.

It worked with me behind 3 cascading NATs, only the nearest one was forwarding and probably it was not required.