Loss of Output Volume Control

bluemonkey

Hi,

This app is just what I need and almost ready to buy it BUT how can I adjust the playback volume.

Now that my sound is being routed via the soundtap recorder I seem to have lost control over my output volume. The voulume fader is useless.

I am using this with Skype and I use my speakers so I need to keep their level low to avoid the feedback in the mic. I can turn the wave device volume down but then the recording is also very low and the echo is still present in the recording of the incoming audio.

Hope someone can help. Thankyou, Andy

• 5 months later...

Kent,

I am a registered user. I have the same problem and I believe it is possible that most everyone else does as well.

I have a volume control on my wireless keyboard and the volume indicator on the screen dutifully travels up and done with no effect on the volume whatsoever.

I have to click and drag the control. I used to have to run the Mixer application to change the volume.

Before I start SoundTap everything works fine. I can deal with this because this product does a bang up job of recording. I think it is the best solution available bar none.

My friends think I'm a genius for finding this product. (My wife could care less :blink:)

On the other hand, if NCH could fix the volume control irritation it would be GREAT.

Hi,

This app is just what I need and almost ready to buy it BUT how can I adjust the playback volume.

Now that my sound is being routed via the soundtap recorder I seem to have lost control over my output volume. The voulume fader is useless.

I am using this with Skype and I use my speakers so I need to keep their level low to avoid the feedback in the mic. I can turn the wave device volume down but then the recording is also very low and the echo is still present in the recording of the incoming audio.

Hope someone can help. Thankyou, Andy