FAX + 3 mailboxes w/call forwarding

hello123

I am expecting either voice callers or fax callers.

1. I have a number from SBC that will automatically call forward to a local vonage phone number

2. That vonage number will be running ivm. The ivm will play a greeting then ask the caller to select mailbox 1, mailbox 2 or mailbox 3.

Suppose the caller selects mailbox 1, then I want the call forwarded to 555-1212

Suppose the caller selects mailbox 2, then I want the call forwarded to 555-1213

Suppose the caller selects mailbox 3, then I want the call forwarded to 555-1214

**Suppose the caller is a fax caller, then the system should automatically recognize this and either accept the fax on computer or to a physical fax in the office.

My question is this:

Is the above possible? Many thanks!!!

Mostly yes.

You would not be using mailboxes as you are only transferring calls. It would just ask for keys to transfer the calls.

There are many issues with telephone systems and call forwarding so I cannot say if it will work for you so please try it.

IVM can only forward fax calls to a fax machine, it cannot pass it to a software fax package.

• 2 months later...
Guest Markus
I am expecting either voice callers or fax callers.

1. I have a number from SBC that will automatically call forward to a local vonage phone number

2. That vonage number will be running ivm. The ivm will play a greeting then ask the caller to select mailbox 1, mailbox 2 or mailbox 3.

Suppose the caller selects mailbox 1, then I want the call forwarded to 555-1212

Suppose the caller selects mailbox 2, then I want the call forwarded to 555-1213

Suppose the caller selects mailbox 3, then I want the call forwarded to 555-1214

**Suppose the caller is a fax caller, then the system should automatically recognize this and either accept the fax on computer or to a physical fax in the office.

My question is this:

Is the above possible? Many thanks!!!

I have a similar setup and everything works fine. You may contact me via e-mail if you'd like to know how this is setup and how it all works together, being that I have SBC (1 number setup with this provider), then I have a total of 5 Vonage numbers setup through my DSL connection (this being the reason why I have the SBC line active).

My e-mail address is markus@comm-breakdown.com.

Markus