MULTIPLE EXTERNAL LINES

dardar

Hello,

1. I have created one axon extension username / password

2. I have 10 voip accounts from voipcheap

3. I want to give only one axon username/password to my 10 clients/customers

4. When they dial, it should automatically route voip calls through all of the 10 external voip accounts.

please help

hi there,

well u have created one axon extension that is ok

but now

u can define ur voipcheap account detail in external lines that should not be problem

well u must also define dialing rule,

that is for example if dial number starting with 1 should use exernal line 1 and so on...

well u should also define in extension setting what outbound dialing plan its should use

now it is better to create multiple extension as u can't select alternate external line

so simple is to create 10 extension, just point each extension to one external line, it should be

better instead of having one username and password as if funds in any line get over all ur costumer can't dial dear

hope this helps

thanks

abhi.

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Actually I can do like what you are sugessting, but the problem is that voipcheap (one external line) do not allow multiple calls to be made. So I cannot make 10 extensions to use the one external line. Moreover my requirement is to give only one/same username/password to all the 10.

Please help.

Well you cannot have multiple locations/softphones registered to the same VoIP or Axon account. The whole point of Axon is to allow you to take one VoIP account and split it amongst many extension accounts.

I think what you are trying to accomplish is:

Each client has a single Axon extension which they can use to phone in and out of the available VoIPcheap lines.

Basically you probably want to set it up so if line one fails or is busy, use line two

if line two fails or is busy, use line 3, etc.

This can be done in Axon when configuring the settings for external lines (can't remember, may be in advanced options). There should be an option to automatically use a secondary line if the line becomes unavailable for whatever reason.

P.S. Unless you're operating a call center, it is very very unlikely that you would be using 10 phonelines at once. In your average small-medium sized business 2 external phonelines or channels should be fine for 10 people.

Hello,

Exactly this solutions is for the call center and moreover its for the dialer. Initially I do not want to confuse you by the dialer or call center configuration. But at the end my requirement is like you perceived. Now can you help me with that or can you suggest me some other servers like brekeke , asterisk etc and their configuration too to achieve this.

Then create 10 extensions and 10 external lines set up with each of your voip cheap accounts.

Create a new group (eg 702) adding all 10 extensions to it.

On each external line set the "Incoming calls ring on extension or group" option to the group you setup above (eg 702).

Now if a call comes in on any of the 10 lines, all extensions will ring, and whoever answers is it first gets the call. If someone is already on the phone, if their softphone supports more than 1 line they may get a pop-up message indicating someone is calling on line 2.

Now in the Advanced settings for the first external line, go the the "Chain to Next Line" section and under "If call fails on this line, try line", select the second external line. Now do the same thing but for the second external line, but this time, set it to use the third external line if the call fails. Then do the same for the 4th and 5th and so on. You can either leave the 10th alone, or set it to try line one again, so it keeps going around in a circle trying to find an unused/operational line to call on.

Now, when someone calls out.. it first tries line one, but if busy it tries line two, and if thats busy it tries line 3 and so on until it reaches line 10 and then goes back and tries again and checks if line 1 is busy etc.

Now you just need to setup the default dialing plan so either the default external line is set to the first voipcheap line, OR you have created dialing plan rules so for example if you start dialling a number with 9 it routes the call to the voipcheap lines.

If you need any further explanation, don't hesitate to ask.

Then create 10 extensions and 10 external lines set up with each of your voip cheap accounts.

Create a new group (eg 702) adding all 10 extensions to it.

On each external line set the "Incoming calls ring on extension or group" option to the group you setup above (eg 702).

Now if a call comes in on any of the 10 lines, all extensions will ring, and whoever answers is it first gets the call. If someone is already on the phone, if their softphone supports more than 1 line they may get a pop-up message indicating someone is calling on line 2.

Now in the Advanced settings for the first external line, go the the "Chain to Next Line" section and under "If call fails on this line, try line", select the second external line. Now do the same thing but for the second external line, but this time, set it to use the third external line if the call fails. Then do the same for the 4th and 5th and so on. You can either leave the 10th alone, or set it to try line one again, so it keeps going around in a circle trying to find an unused/operational line to call on.

Now, when someone calls out.. it first tries line one, but if busy it tries line two, and if thats busy it tries line 3 and so on until it reaches line 10 and then goes back and tries again and checks if line 1 is busy etc.

Now you just need to setup the default dialing plan so either the default external line is set to the first voipcheap line, OR you have created dialing plan rules so for example if you start dialling a number with 9 it routes the call to the voipcheap lines.

If you need any further explanation, don't hesitate to ask.

pythonpoole UR R simply great. your config will 100% work. But I will tell the truth, yesterday I did some logical tests and already configured it exactly the same way you mentioned now and it works perfect. great men think alike. me too..................

• 8 months later...