Audio Network - aka VoiceWave

voicewave

I am working on building an Audio Network system using the IVM Answering Attendant and I need some help.

Most simply this system can be envisioned as MySpace (or any of those social networking sites on the Internet) for the telephone.

So any user can create a voice box account using the telephone in which they deposit their voice messages. They can also manage these accounts through the telephone - add a new message, delete a message or re-record a message, etc.

People accessing the Audio Network through the phone can navigate these accounts and listen to the voice messages and also record a response to any of the messages posted by the account holder. Subsequently, the responses to these messages can also be heard by people accessing the system. Thus a conversation stream grows...

It may interest you to know that this system once implemented could potentially provide a communication and broadcast platform to many many people - in remote places of the planet, or who are illiterate, or for whom a keyboard in their language has not yet been designed, or if designed is too complicated to use, and until voice command systems or a universal icon language is developed so that they may use a computer interface. As phone networks, specially cellular networks, in a matter of little time shall cover every region of the planet, such a voice web could be a revolutionary communication medium......!!!

A detailed phone menu structure (OGM structure) and a flow chart of the system has been designed and can be accesses at: http://public.box.net/ustadv34012

The flowchart also gives a representation of how the voice data is to be organised and how the menu system interacts with it.

I have tried to keep the flowchart simple so that its is comprehensible. The 'go back to previous menu' arrows have not been added, for example. (The graphical representation of OGM structures in the the IVM program is really messy for my purpose atleast)

The menus have also been carefully thought of so that mostly there are not more than 3 options at a time and the menu depth does not go beyond 3 stages for most purposes. The data structure has also been kept somewhat simple and linear.

This is the most basic model of the system and does not include features such as using SMS (or text messaging) to interact with the system, or building a parallel web interface.

I am an artist based in Bombay (Mumbai) and I am working on this project at a residency in Montreal (Canada) from March to April 30. We are looking for technical experts to help us with implementing this system. We have a budget to pay the technicians, however since this is more of an art project and not a full blown commercial venture, we have limitations.

Interested persons please contact immediately.