Caller's volume too low on recording

Christine

• 2 weeks later...
I got the Radio Shack adapter and while my voice was always louder on the recording, recently it got so low it is hard to understand.

Is there a setting to adjust?

There is an automatic gain control setting on the VRS settings. Please make sure that is turned on.

• 3 months later...

It was turned on, but that didn't help.

I've since registered the TRX, have the same problem there. It got to the point were I went back to VRS, it's slightly better, but it's just not usable for court without manually increasing the volume for the caller with wavepad.

Is it worth the hassle trying to record through the modem?

I tried to get it working through my SmartModem once, but finally gave up.

Or should I just go back to the digital voice recorder? Perfect quality, but I have to manually transfer calls.

I really don't understand why *I* can hear the caller, the voice recorder can hear the caller, but with VRS and TRX the caller is barely audible.

• 3 years later...

Almost 4 years later, over the years, I've never quite been able to figure this out. Sometimes it's better than others. Last fall the recording was really low again.

Recently I bought a new RadioShack adapter and that seemed to have helped a lot. But maybe it's because I'm on a different computer.

Do have to say that I like the software, some of the best money I ever spent.