isnt swtich free??

Guest nchto

Please please please read the FAQ before posting! www.nch.com.au/switch/faq.html

Q. Is the Switch Converter really free?

Yes, we offer a free version of Switch. Switch Plus requires the purchase of a license. Using the Plus version allows you to do things like save to extra file formats (see the Switch help documentation for further details) and utilise the Command Line Tool.

The free version of Switch also has the additional features of Switch Plus enabled for a 14-day free trial after the software is first installed. If you choose not to purchase the Switch Plus license upgrade at the end of the free trial period, the advanced features will be disabled but the standard Switch features will continue to work.

• 7 months later...

It is my understanding that, as has been stated earlier, there _are_ features which are disabled at the end of the 15 day trial period _of the separate free version_, although this separate free version will continue to function _without these disabled features_ after the 15 day trial period.

Unless I have misread the post, the poster is trying to find out exactly _which_ are the disabled features _of the separate free version_, which are no longer operational after the conclusion of the 15 day trial period.

Now why don't you list, specifically, those features of the separate free version which are no longer functional after the end of the 15 day trial period?

Now go back to the drawing board and either correct me if I am wrong or, if I am not, answer the poster's question!

Musikone

(now let's cut to the chase! :P )

You will find this information in the Switch help file, specifically the "What Formats Does Switch Support?" page (and yes we are aware that the Switch v1.29 help file is partly in French). The file formats that are only supported in the Switch Plus paid software version are:

Convert From:

• dss
  • sri
  • msv
  • dvf
  • act
  • rcd
  • rec
  • shn
  • moh

Convert To:

• ogg
  • flac
  • aac
  • m4a
  • amr
  • rss
  • m3u
  • pls
  • wpl

• 2 weeks later...

My 14-day trial period is up. When I open Switch, I get a message that states the trial version has expired and that I must purchase to continue. I am then directed to the website. When I close out of the website, my Switch closes. Did I perhaps download the wrong version of Switch? I thought I downloaded the free version. Any leads?

You most likely installed the Plus trial version. You can install the free version by using the "Windows Download" link from the webpage, not the "Windows Plus Trial" one.

• 1 month later...
Ah hah. Thank your for the tip. I'll go back and download the regular version.

I downloaded the windows version i purchased switch sometime last year when i imput my information it says i have to pay for an upgrade ?? Any one know why I dont want plus I just want the version i had before and paid for Can some one please help

• 4 weeks later...
I just want the version i had before and paid for

Then use the version of the installer available when you purchased (which we told you to backup). You are likely attempting to register a newer version, which is why it's asking for an upgrade.