Interconnection between Axon systems

dzervas

Dear all,

let me ask the following if anyone can help please:

Is there a way to interconnect two different Axon boxes in any way?

I have two sites one close to the other that will be connected over a leased line.

It is desirable that to communicate from one extension of one site, to the other site, the call should be routed via the leased line.

BUT if the line is down, the sites should continue to operate as normal.

If you use a single Axon box only in one of the two sites, when the link drops, the second site is without telephones. So for this, I guess that you should have two Axon boxes, one in each site.

Therefore the question is if you can somehow connect these to provide internal calls.

Many thanks in advance.

Dennis Zervas

• 11 months later...
Dear all,

let me ask the following if anyone can help please:

Is there a way to interconnect two different Axon boxes in any way?

I have two sites one close to the other that will be connected over a leased line.

It is desirable that to communicate from one extension of one site, to the other site, the call should be routed via the leased line.

BUT if the line is down, the sites should continue to operate as normal.

If you use a single Axon box only in one of the two sites, when the link drops, the second site is without telephones. So for this, I guess that you should have two Axon boxes, one in each site.

Therefore the question is if you can somehow connect these to provide internal calls.

Many thanks in advance.

Dennis Zervas

Doesn't look like you ever got an answer so, here's the solution:

Assume the following:

Main office - Axon 1

Remote office - Axon 2

Setup external line in Axon 1 (e.g.)

Line Name: remote01

ID or User Name: remote01

Password: remote01

-setup the external line to ring on an extension or group # as normal

Enable Use Gateway Server

Server: [enter fixed IP address of Remote office - Axon 2]:5060

Setup extension in Axon 2 (e.g.)

Extension ID: remote01

Display Name: remote01

Password: remote01

configure dialing plan, i.e. default

Once you've set these up you'll see the status in Axon 2's 'remote01' extension update to 'sip:remote01@[main office fixed ip address]:5060 with an expiry time.

Then do the opposite to connect your remote office to the main office, that is:

at the remote office, setup an external line, i.e. remote02

and at the main office, setup an extension to receive the login of the remote02 external line

Note: i would make sure you use two different userid's i.e. remote01 and remote02 because if you have an extension and an external line with the same userid, Axon may get confused if you want to use the extension or external line

Now if you've done it right, the external lines will be registered at each office's respective extensions and you should be able to call extensions between offices provided that your dialing plan is configured correctly to ring on the appropriate external lines, i.e. remote01 and remote02. You'll also be able dial local numbers, thus avoiding toll charges.

it's a bit of a pain, but that is the solution from NCH

p.s. make sure you open the below udp ports on the firewalls at each office and map/forward them to servers where Axon is installed, otherwise you may not hear any sound or have crappy quality.

UDP: 5060-5065, 5070-5080, and 8000-8020

p.s.s. get an adsl modem/firewall that has QOS too!