Best Practices/Uses for Axon Virtual PBX

dwculver

Could members of forum mention some of the more suitable applications for the initial free pbx solution in the call center category.. i am not a techie but would like to pursue its use as i have already in place equipment for a little used 6 seat (lan with 1 server and 5 workstationw) office..my initial idea is to offer answer service for specific online businesses ..(us based hispanic markets served by my hispanic employees here in CR etc. ) if i can use the pbx solution to get started..i could later buy the upgrade etc.

thank you

d

• 1 month later...

Axon, NCH's free Virtual PBX software has many great features, especially when combined with other NCH software such as IVR Answering Attendant and IMS (Music on hold software), VRS (For recording phone calls), and Quorum (for managing confrence calls).

These are just some features / possible uses of the software that I've just thought up on the spot:

Basically Axon on its own can:

- Accept incoming calls from any number of phone lines (may be limited to 64 not sure)

- Phone lines can be VoIP or normal PSTN analogue phone lines (when used in conjunction with an FXO adapter)

- Manage incoming calls and ring the appropriate phones/extensions when the call is received

- You can have it ring multiple phone extensions on an incoming call so if someone is on the phone the call will still ring through the available not in use phones for available call center agents to pick up and answer

- Can setup multiple rules for what happens when a user phones in. A start-prompt message can be played, you can send the caller to an interactive menu or simply have them put on hold for the next available agent.

- Setup advanced dialing plans allowing users to phone out on any of the Axon connected phones on any of the set up phone lines with the possibility to alter the number based on what it starts with. Rules can be setup to dial on different lines depending on how the number is dialed

- Mechanism also put in place that enables Axon to automatically use another phone line if the attempt at dialing on the desired phone line failed (eg line busy, not functioning).

- Internal extensions can be called to communicate with individuals in the callcenter

- Set up queues/groups/line-ups of phone extensions, so when a caller is in they simply wait in queue until someone is able to answer the call.

In conjunction with IVM:

- Have complete control over the phone call, what messages are played to the user, in what order etc. There are many events that may occur to which you can apply actions to

- Set up interactive voice menu systems allowing the caller to choose from any number of options, do anything from storing variables, database information, executing programs, or putting them in queue for the next available agent

- Set up multiple voicemail boxes for employees with the possibility of retrieving messages with access code via telephone, intranet, internet, email etc.

- Setup a P/A announcement system (using voicemail & call screening feature)

In conjunction with IMS:

- Set up a series of on-hold messages and/or music to be played continuously in a loop. When a call is placed on hold, users can be automatically put on to the IMS music/announcement on hold system until the line is taken off hold

- Play important announcements while callers are on hold so they can be informed about issues which they may have interest in while they wait. Play music to keep the callers entertainied while they wait and not feel like phone call is dead or never going to be picked up

In conjunction with VRS:

- Record phone calls to the hard drive for future inspection

- Useful to monitor call quality and/or employee's service level when on a call

- Also useful for legal evidence, or as a record to how a call actually played out if it turns into heated discussion, threatning, blackmailing etc.

In conjunction with Quorum:

- Manage a confrence callcenter

- Enable mutiple phone lines / extensions to merge together in one conversation using this software

- Could be used for meetings and/or to allow employees to phone in and listen to meetings and such: when sick, travelling or for whatever reason the employee was unable to attend

As you can see there are many possibilities, these are just a small number of possibilities I thought of off the top of my head. Setting it up how you want is pretty much only limited by your own creativity. NCH's software can do almost everything a major expensive call management system does, and even if there is something the software is can't do... Software such as IVM has an SDK for you to build (or obtain) plugins for in order to expand the functionality of the program even further.

• 2 weeks later...