Switch for Mac : wma>>>mp3

musikboi07

I have switch for mac, and I try to convert wma to mp3. However when the conversion starts, it asks me to download and install mp3el. It cannot do it automatically, and asks me to go to the switch website to download it. However, the file is a .exe filel Is there anyway to get this for a mac, or any way at all to convert wma to mp3 on a mac? I know there is not a problem with the wma files, because it converts the files to wav just fine.

Hello,

I have the same problem converting files from wav->mp3 with OSX. I have downloaded the new file from the link below, (V.1.05), same problem. I have the registered Plus-Version, it worked fine in Demo-Mode but now it doesn´t work no more. Now I can´t use it anymore. What´s that?

Cheers,

bluebox

Where did you download your version from? Try installing the release from our website: http://www.nch.com.au/switch as your version may not be the latest release.

• 6 months later...
Guest nchto

All components except the Flip4Mac plugin should be placed into your /Library/Application Support/NCH Swift Sound/Components folder. Flip4Mac should be installed by following the instructions on the given website link.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm an italian boy, so probably my english won't be so good...

I must convert wma files to mp3 files with my MacBook.

In many forums Switch is described as the better software that could do this, but I have a problem... <_<

When I "click" the conversion button, Switch asks me to install the "Flip4mac" plug-in.

So I installed Flip4mac, but after this Switch is unable to convert these files. :huh:

Even if Quicktime is able to read them, Switch cannot.

What can I do? I need to get mp3 from wma...

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problems on my mac (MacPro, 10.4.10). I first downloaded Switch (form nch), then downloaded "Flip4Mac" (and restarted), then got the "need mp3el" message and was directed to the .exe (PC) version. I then found the mac version at "http://nch.com.au/components/mac/" but the download doesn't work--a page of code appears when I click to download. Any suggestions?

Thanks.