call Not Answerd

rdave

I'm currently trying to set up IVM, but I haven't been able to get it to answer calls. I am getting the following in the log:

10:42:32 MT5656ZDXV Unknown [Not Answered]

10:43:52 MT5656ZDXV Unknown [Not Answered]

11:27:31 Simulator 5555555555 [Not Answered]

12:05:00 IVM Answering Attendant Exit

12:05:20 IVM Answering Attendant Run

12:06:28 Simulator 5555555555 [Not Answered]

15:51:06 Simulator 5555555555 [Not Answered]

15:56:29 MT5656ZDXV Unknown [Not Answered]

15:57:00 MT5656ZDXV Unknown [Not Answered]

How should I continue? As the logs indicates, I'm using a MultiTech MT5656ZDXV modem. This is on a Windows 2003 Server SP1 (SBS). The modem is an external serial modem and the server doesn't have a sound card (relying on the voice modem).

I have just upgraded the Modem drivers to ones released a few months ago by MultiTech (on their website). One oddity that perhaps someone can confirm is that the supplied Wave Driver for the modem isn't installing. Instead, I'm getting a generic Unimodem half duplex driver. I've tried to manually upgrade to the supplied wave driver but get errors installing it (i've requested help from multitech recently and am waiting for a response). I don't know if that is the issue or not though and would be appreciative if someone can confirm that or point me in a different direction.

The main thing that seems odd is that the IVM won't pick up the simulator (I'm acutally doing this in a terminal server session would that matter?).

Thanks for any help or comments,

Dave

Thanks for the comment Mike, I won't be able to try on site for a couple of days. I did try logging onto the conosole session (mstsc /v:server_name /console) via Remote Desktop and that didnt' make a difference. Since I have configured IVM to run as a service, I also tried calling the modem extension while logged off (hadn't tried that yet) and it didn't make a difference. After logging back on, I confirmed in the logs that the call was detected as above but left "unanswered".

I also tried to force the modem to pick up using AT commands which works, but circumvents the IVM software and the modem tries to initiate a data session so I am still working on this. I'll post back if I can get the wave driver working like I expect it to or find anything else out.

Thanks in advance for any help or comments,

Dave

• 1 year later...
Dave,

I struggled for a while to set up several NCH products using a remote desktop connection, but eventually gave up, and was only able to achieve anything by logging on directly at the server console.

Mike

Did you get anywhere with this? Are things working? Does this modem work well for you?