Theme Parks?

rauu

This software seems to have great potential. I've been searching for something like this to put into the Theme Park industry. Our test site has 10 zones currently and would need the ability to play announcements at set intervals and set times. Each zone needs to play it's own music or the same in several different areas. Also an all page mic will need to be connected.

What is the recommended sound card for multiple zones? What is the minimum PC required for multiple Zones? The 14 day trial is not enough time to evaluate and test, any suggestions?

thanks,

Ron

rsprouse@cavtel.net

• 2 months later...
This software seems to have great potential. I've been searching for something like this to put into the Theme Park industry. Our test site has 10 zones currently and would need the ability to play announcements at set intervals and set times. Each zone needs to play it's own music or the same in several different areas. Also an all page mic will need to be connected.

What is the recommended sound card for multiple zones? What is the minimum PC required for multiple Zones? The 14 day trial is not enough time to evaluate and test, any suggestions?

thanks,

Ron

rsprouse@cavtel.net

Hi Ron,

I am currently useing BMS to do announcements and music at Universal Studios Orlando. What I am useing for audio cards is the M-Audio Delta 1010. As for computer power I would suggest nothing slower than a 3Ghz proccessor and 1 gig of ram. My belief is the better you build the computer the easier it will be to do anything you need the system to do. as for announcement interval and timing this software works prefect! I also use the music player to play different music tracks in one restaraunt at different times of the day. I am now buildinga second system to replace nine CD players that play the audio in one of our two parks. both of my systems have two Delta 1010's giving them each 16 outputs. On the new system I will be useing eleven channels with each channel haveing its own player. my new system is a 3.2 ghz server computer with 2 gig of ram and SATA hardrives setup in a Raid configuration. I don't use the mic option in the software so I can't give you much help there but I would bet it will work as you need by what I have read in the manual. I hope this is a help to you.

Chris

• 2 years later...
Hi Ron,

I am currently useing BMS to do announcements and music at Universal Studios Orlando. What I am useing for audio cards is the M-Audio Delta 1010. As for computer power I would suggest nothing slower than a 3Ghz proccessor and 1 gig of ram. My belief is the better you build the computer the easier it will be to do anything you need the system to do. as for announcement interval and timing this software works prefect! I also use the music player to play different music tracks in one restaraunt at different times of the day. I am now buildinga second system to replace nine CD players that play the audio in one of our two parks. both of my systems have two Delta 1010's giving them each 16 outputs. On the new system I will be useing eleven channels with each channel haveing its own player. my new system is a 3.2 ghz server computer with 2 gig of ram and SATA hardrives setup in a Raid configuration. I don't use the mic option in the software so I can't give you much help there but I would bet it will work as you need by what I have read in the manual. I hope this is a help to you.

Chris

I have been Using BMS for quite some time here at Canada's Wonderland in Toronto. The system has some challenges but in general, it is a great and powerful piece of software. We use all 16 zones and i use two Delta 1010's as my audio devices. i have never been able to get the external audio mute function working but our system uses a media matrix X-Frame system with two BOB units to manage the processing and routing. I have just integrated duckers on the source and the system mutes when an announcement plays in the specific area. I also use the IAPromote all call system on a remote PC in our communications centre that they use for emergency announcements. They also have the capability to trigger prerecorded emergency messages from that PC.

Overall it is a great piece - particularly for a theme park.

Doug