SIP and Axon

phenix

I'll try to be as clear as possible and cross my fingures.

I have a broadband connection (ADLS) coming into my home office. It goes through an ADSL modem into my wireless router which broadcasts my connection to my laptop and my two business partners machines.

My business partners work from home from time-to-time.

I have a single telephone line coming in.

What I'm looking to do is have the telephone line connected to a PBX such that when someone calls, the computer answers and prompts for an extension. When the caller enters extension 111 (for instance) it should go to my soft phone on my latop. Etc for my other business partners.

If one of my business partners is at home, I'd like his extension to connect to his VOIP phone at home.

I'm going to be running the PBX off my latop (as All we have are laptops and I will be getting a new one for my own use). Therefore, I cannot install any cards into it.

I have downloaded Axon and installed it along with express talk. Express talk keeps giving me an error "unable to find address on server" which I have a feeling is to do with SIP. Can someone explain to me why I need a SIP account... is there a way to get it so that I can dial the extension of one of my business partners in-house (say he's sitting right beside me) and it will call up his phone without a SIP account?

Help is appreciated.

I'll try to be as clear as possible and cross my fingures.

I have a broadband connection (ADLS) coming into my home office. It goes through an ADSL modem into my wireless router which broadcasts my connection to my laptop and my two business partners machines.

My business partners work from home from time-to-time.

I have a single telephone line coming in.

What I'm looking to do is have the telephone line connected to a PBX such that when someone calls, the computer answers and prompts for an extension. When the caller enters extension 111 (for instance) it should go to my soft phone on my latop. Etc for my other business partners.

If one of my business partners is at home, I'd like his extension to connect to his VOIP phone at home.

I'm going to be running the PBX off my latop (as All we have are laptops and I will be getting a new one for my own use). Therefore, I cannot install any cards into it.

I have downloaded Axon and installed it along with express talk. Express talk keeps giving me an error "unable to find address on server" which I have a feeling is to do with SIP. Can someone explain to me why I need a SIP account... is there a way to get it so that I can dial the extension of one of my business partners in-house (say he's sitting right beside me) and it will call up his phone without a SIP account?

I cannot answer all your questions but the SIP account Express Talk is asking for is the server that you have Axon running on. If Axon is running on the same machine then you need to enter localhost as the SIP account. If ExpressTalk is running on a different machine then you need to enter the server name "the machine Axon is running on" as the SIP account. You can set up Axon so it can you use a different account, such as you business partners account from his home, based on rules but of course all the machines have to be linked in some way, via a VPN or ethernet connection e.t.c. Also you do not have to have an outside VOIP account to use Axon and ExpressTalk as an internal phone system but again all the machines have to be linked together in some way so they can communicate with each other.

Help is appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

well regarding Express talk sip account thing

if you have sip account provided by your Sip provider, you will get user id, password and SIP Proxy IP.

well in your case you that SIP account will be Axon PBX Extension ID password and SIP proxy IP will be IP of your Axon PBX( Public IP if you are trying to access at various places)

just create one extension say 1001 and give password 1234 and if your public ip is say 69.64.xx.xx, just give this details and you are done..

you should be able to rigester with axon...

also if your friend is working at home and if he is register at axon he can also receive call....

hope this help....

thanks.

abhi.

Yes, when you create an extension you've automatically created an SIP account as well. So if your using a softphone, just set the username to the extension name, the password to the extension's password and then the internal IP address of the computer with Axon on it (eg. 192.168.1.2). Then simply register the different softphones with different extensions, and then setup a dialing plan in Axon enabling you to call the different extension numbers. After thats done you should be able to phone your business partners next to you by dialing their extension number (the user name of their SIP account). If you want people from home to have access to the phone system you'll have to put in the external IP of the network.