wma -> mp3 conversion problem encountered

K2mia

Hey folks, just ripped a wma that I was hoping to convert to mp3 -- the conversion process appears to go without incident but the first few seconds of the original track are missing in the mp3 version, it starts in after the song is already playing. I tested the original and the mp3 on my computer and only the converted version has this problem.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks!

-K2

Think I discovered the problem, when I mastered the track there was no whitespace at the beginning of the song and I suspect this caused the problem, I added 3 secs of whitespace and the new mp3 conversion looks to have worked. Can anyone else confirm this as the cause?

-K2

Think I discovered the problem, when I mastered the track there was no whitespace at the beginning of the song and I suspect this caused the problem, I added 3 secs of whitespace and the new mp3 conversion looks to have worked. Can anyone else confirm this as the cause?

-K2

I have been having the same problem converting WMA->MP3. However, I do not know how to add whitespace at the beginning of the track. If you post the explanation i'll gladly try it and see if it works for me.

Thanks

Interesting. I opened the file with WavePad instead of switch, and then just saved it as an MP3. This did not cut off the audio like Switch did.

It seems that this is a problem with the way Switch converts it then, because WavePad uses the same "converter" but it is working.

Is there anyway to get switch not to cut off the audio without adding silence in front of the track? It is much more cumbersome to use WavePad for many conversions than Switch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
yeah its confirmed as a bug, we'll take a further look at this one.

Hi! I just purchased switch and I am very frustrated as I have the same problem (2 or 3 seconds missing at the beginning of each song) and you cannot get any answer unless you pay for it! Do you know how this problem can be solve.

Many thanxs!!