Save File as question for old VHS transferred video

katmack7

I have seven video files in VOB file format. These were digitized from an old VHS camcorder in the early 1990s. The video has black bars on either side - since it's not wide screen. I've put them all in order in VIdeoPad and want to save as MP4 but am uncertain what settings to use - preset, resolution, widescreen format choice, frame rate, etc. Obviously the quality of this old video isn't the best - but I'd like to be able to save it as one mp4 looking as good as I can make it.

Thanks for any assistance!

At export, the auto-selected frame rate, default quality and resolution are likely okay as is.  4:3 is no doubt the source aspect ratio.

To fill the frame, try Crop and Zoom.

image.png

Experiment to see what looks best.

If you take a minute to share a few of these pics, someone here may be able to offer more specific suggestions...

Upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."