Unacceptably low audio bitrate when saving audio as MP4 or Youtube.

MichaelDunn

So it's kind of a long story how I got to this.
As a blind person, I love being able to upload high quality audio to Youtube. I used to use the website "Tunestotube.com" to upload MP3's recordings from my Zoom H2n recorder to Youtube, and the good thing about it is that I didn't have to rely on someone to choose the image for me. Also, this site allowed the high quality MP3 (say 320 KBPS) to be uploaded into the Youtube video.
Apparently this site worsened its file size limit which made me extremely mad, because they are basically making blind people pay for something that sighted people can do for free - indirectly of course - and this is just absolutely unfair. I looked on a few pages and thought that if I sync a JPG image with an audio file using VLC Media Player, that it might work. Sadly, that doesn't work, and VLC is the only software that blind people can use with screen readers.
Well, K just discovered WavePad yesterday, and found that you can upload audio to Youtube by inserting video from an image or the waveform. But, when I listened to the audio file, the audio bitrate sounded absolutely unacceptable, far from what I would like to have on my own Youtube videos. And I tried searching for options to try to see if you can change the audio bit-rate when you save as an MP4 video, and there's no option for that. Of course, that makes me even more upset.
Why can't you change the audio bitrate to something higher quality? Bitrates like 112 KBPS are far far far too low quality for me and sound utterly disgusting. I would prefer video with an audio bitrate of 320 KPBS, and as simple a process to just upload it right to Youtube.
Thanks and I look forward to hearing some possible remedies. I hate to discontinue my Youtube channel because some people are only in touch with me through Youtube, and what if they're wondering if I'm even still alive or not. Of course, I don't care how bad the visuals are. What matters to me is top quality sound, which can easily be done by a blind person with a screen reader. And unfortunately, Wavepad and VLC are the only software programs that work with screen readers.

This is exactly what I tried to do, but they wanted me to purchase WavePad first. I use both Audacity and a more blind-friendly audio editor called Studio Recorder, so I'd only use WavePad to export to Youtube. So I wouldn't know if purchasing the Master version might allow you to change the bitrate. If not, I'll be ok with the free version. Hopefully I can contact them even with just the free version (i.e. without having to purchase).

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2023 at 11:51 AM, MichaelDunn said:

This is exactly what I tried to do, but they wanted me to purchase WavePad first. I use both Audacity and a more blind-friendly audio editor called Studio Recorder, so I'd only use WavePad to export to Youtube. So I wouldn't know if purchasing the Master version might allow you to change the bitrate. If not, I'll be ok with the free version. Hopefully I can contact them even with just the free version (i.e. without having to purchase).

Licensed WavePad does allow you to edit bitrate on an MP3 export. You may contact the sales team for more info about current promos which I've sent to you via private message or the same link Simon sent.

Capture.PNG