advice public or private

micro_xii

Sorry i am not able to get you, are u planning to become voipprovider or looking for voip service provider and if u want to run a voip server for others than u have to get public ip.

Please also give details of type of hardware ur using and the bandwidth available than i can give u certain estimates regarding the resources.

Sorry i am not able to get you, are u planning to become voipprovider or looking for voip service provider and if u want to run a voip server for others than u have to get public ip.

Please also give details of type of hardware ur using and the bandwidth available than i can give u certain estimates regarding the resources.

Greetings:

We planning to have voip server/voip provider. We have E1 and Ibm 206m, voip gateway were planning sipura but right now we have artdio voip gateway..for testing purposes....

I testing axon 1.09 on win2003. Im new here. My question is we are planning as a voip provider.

You want to start a business as a VoIP provider... with Axon? You gotta be kidding... Get yourself a bunch of Linux servers, and try some serious software like SER, sipXPBX, or Asterisk.

Im asking an advice, do we need to be in public ip or private. Can anyone recommend me about my setup. :huh:

For obvious security reasons, SIP servers should be in the public part of the network, or in a DMZ. Besides, it's one less headache if the server isn't itself NATed.