Version 11.08 for Windows - Custom Invoice layout are lost

pyz01

Upon upgrading to version 11.08 for Windows, the custom invoice layouts were all lost and must be reformatted.   In fact, even when trying to customize the invoice layout several of the page styles are missing the invoice details.  While you can customize the top of the invoice, none of the invoice details are included.   Then when looking back at the old invoices, all the invoice details are gone.  This is not good.  Cannot see any invoice details in the history of invoices since the layouts are compromised (not showing details). 

Update -- upon editing the existing invoice templates, the invoice details remain only for the session.  Once you re-enter the system, the customization is lost and the invoice detail go missing again.  Every time you enter the software -you must edit the page style template to get the invoice details.   Something is amiss.  

Thanks for the reply n1x1.  

I have opened a support ticket, but they keep asking me for my license number.  I am not a licensee.   I am retired and do not have a license.  I merely use the software for my wife's embroidery business (one person).

More information:  First, the page styles for the following are missing the details:

Custom and all sharp xx and Simple lines xx, pages.  (FYI Wave page styles are missing invoices details as well - just looked). 

Second, if you take an existing invoice page style and make any customization, it only keeps the customization for the time you have the software open.  Once you close out of the software and re-enter, any customization is gone and the invoice details are gone.

So unfortunate.  This only occurred after the upgrade to the Windows 11.08 version.  And the sad part is -- going back to the 11.0 version will be ok -- but I will have to re-customize the invoice since the detailed customization was lost.  But that is what I will do -- try to go back to the older version until they can fix this. 

Edited by pyz01
Added more information

1 hour ago, pyz01 said:

Thanks for the reply n1x1.  

I have opened a support ticket, but they keep asking me for my license number.  I am not a licensee.   I am retired and do not have a license.  I merely use the software for my wife's embroidery business (one person).

More information:  First, the page styles for the following are missing the details:

Custom and all sharp xx and Simple lines xx, pages.  (FYI Wave page styles are missing invoices details as well - just looked). 

Second, if you take an existing invoice page style and make any customization, it only keeps the customization for the time you have the software open.  Once you close out of the software and re-enter, any customization is gone and the invoice details are gone.

So unfortunate.  This only occurred after the upgrade to the Windows 11.08 version.  And the sad part is -- going back to the 11.0 version will be ok -- but I will have to re-customize the invoice since the detailed customization was lost.  But that is what I will do -- try to go back to the older version until they can fix this. 

please wait for our support's advise and go from there.

NCH Software is always interested in improving our existing programs and developing new programs. If you have an idea you'd like to share with us, please submit your suggestion here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/

I had the same issue (lost custom invoices and re-customized were saved after existing + same formats are not available!) after upgrading to version 11.08. I reverted back to version 11.00.

Please advise when the issue is resolved - Thanks 

Waited for tech support advice and it never came.  The only way to get around this bug is to revert back to version 11.0.  I too, would like to be advised once the bug is fixed - Thanks. 

17 hours ago, pyz01 said:

Waited for tech support advice and it never came.  The only way to get around this bug is to revert back to version 11.0.  I too, would like to be advised once the bug is fixed - Thanks. 

Please make sure to send your support inquiry via this link

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2023 at 9:03 PM, pyz01 said:

You could die waiting, I went to GnuCash, free and well supported.

• 1 month later...

OK - so the upgrade to Windows version 11.08 happened back in early May.  I reported this bug in late May.  I had a support ticket in since May 30.  It is now almost August 30 (3 months later) and there is still no resolution.  Obviously, this is NOT considered a priority and therefore I have abandoned the product and cannot recommend it.  Being able to customize an invoice for your business is a very important aspect of what the software should allow.  Absent a fix, this is not a serious product for any business.  Sorry -- just stating the facts as they are.