No audio from uplink to asterisk - help?

kbl

Hello,

I decided to give Uplink another shot since the last version I used constantly froze on my computer. The good news is that v1.30 doesn't seem to freeze. The bad news is there is no audio being transmitted to the connecting SIP phone... which is probably worse than my first issue! :)

While making an outbound call (Asterisk->Uplink->Skype) I can see that Uplink transfers the call correctly to Skype, and that Skype connects fine. If I talk on the receiving end (call to my cellphone for example), I can see that Skype is receiving audio. I cannot hear any audio on the SIP phone however, nor can the Skypeout destination (in this case my cellphone) hear anything from the SIP phone. Uplink then drops the Skype call after about 10 seconds.

Incoming SIP call

Answering call...

Connected on call 130

Call has disconnected

About to hang up skype line

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the same result.

I have verified that Skype's audio devices are: uplink, uplink, uplink.

The default windows audio device is: Realtek AC97

Standard SIP calls work fine

Environment:

Windows XP SP2, Athlon XP 3200, 2GB RAM

Asterisk (via VMware Trixbox)

Skype v2.5.0.151

Uplink v1.30

Any ideas? :unsure:

Spend enough time and you can resolve it yourself. :blink: If you have a multihomed or multiple network cards or are running VMware (as in my case) ensure that Uplink shows the correct SIP Private IP address. It was selecting the VMware adapter. Once I disabled the adapter and restarted Uplink it works fine.

I didn't see an option in Uplink to bind to specific adapters or addresses for the Private address... maybe that would be a good option.

Regards,

Kevin

Hello,

I decided to give Uplink another shot since the last version I used constantly froze on my computer. The good news is that v1.30 doesn't seem to freeze. The bad news is there is no audio being transmitted to the connecting SIP phone... which is probably worse than my first issue! :)

While making an outbound call (Asterisk->Uplink->Skype) I can see that Uplink transfers the call correctly to Skype, and that Skype connects fine. If I talk on the receiving end (call to my cellphone for example), I can see that Skype is receiving audio. I cannot hear any audio on the SIP phone however, nor can the Skypeout destination (in this case my cellphone) hear anything from the SIP phone. Uplink then drops the Skype call after about 10 seconds.

Incoming SIP call

Answering call...

Connected on call 130

Call has disconnected

About to hang up skype line

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the same result.

I have verified that Skype's audio devices are: uplink, uplink, uplink.

The default windows audio device is: Realtek AC97

Standard SIP calls work fine

Environment:

Windows XP SP2, Athlon XP 3200, 2GB RAM

Asterisk (via VMware Trixbox)

Skype v2.5.0.151

Uplink v1.30

Any ideas? :unsure: