Import user list

wes@mitekz.com

I have just starting using DD and have a database of users that dictated to my old dictation server. I would like to know if there is a way to import those users instead of having to add them one at a time. It would be ideal if I could have a medical clerk add the new doctors to the database as they come on so she would not have to touch the dialdictate server. Any help would be great.

What you are saying is a good feature, you may be able to rig something though, the data files are stored here:

c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\NCH Swift Sound\DialDictate\Users

Looks like the ID number is the folder name and if you open the .dat file with notepad, you will be able to see the different settings. You may be able to accomplish this with a script. But I don't see a way for it to read from a database.

What you are saying is a good feature, you may be able to rig something though, the data files are stored here:

c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\NCH Swift Sound\DialDictate\Users

Looks like the ID number is the folder name and if you open the .dat file with notepad, you will be able to see the different settings. You may be able to accomplish this with a script. But I don't see a way for it to read from a database.

That helps. I think I can script this. I will post back with the results.