data entry variable to transfer call [out grew IVM?]

ghounem

Hey all,

IVM "call transfer" works GREAT with 7 remote agents using the the call transfer (menu [single key press]) / single digit extensions.

Although now with 12 remote agents, I'm stuck because the (menu [single key press]) feature only goes up to 9, and I read every word available and can not figure out how to:

1) create extensions using the key response data entry [variable], it's easy in the menu [single key press] because the extentions are already there, but I don't see ANY option in the variable section to create multiple digit extensions, I downloaded EVERY sample ivr file and still can't figure how :blink:

2) once the extensions are magically made, how do I program IVM to transfer a call once that multiple digit extension is pressed? Again, I found no way to make multiple digit extensions, let alone transfer a call once the multiple digit extension is entered

Any help would be sinerely appreciated!!

Thank you very much

MG

m_ghounem@yahoo.com

Hi everyone

I figured out a work around solution to having more than 9 remote workers while still wanting to use the single digit menu option ((because I still did not get any answer from anyone [[including the so-called experts, one of the 2 expert's email bounced back, and the other [[a week later]], never wrote back]].

anyhow, having said that :-)

you can have about 600 agents max with this solution;

Agents with the first name from A through D, press 1

Agents with the first name from E through H, press 2

Agents with the first name from I through L, press 3

Agents with the first name from M through P, press 4

Agents with the first name from Q through T, press 5

Agents with the first name from U through Z, press 6

each option will lead to another OGM with the list of agents in that sub catagory, and each sub catagory will list their extensions to transfer out.

it beats paying $5k for a pbx system ;-)

I would still be interested in knowing how to create multiple digit extensions that can transfer to remote phones!

thank you very much

MG

m_ghounem@yahoo.com

The simple way to do this is to use the Data Entry option. Name your variable "Mailboxno" or "Extension" without the quotes depending on what you want to do.

Then set the maximum number of digits. We use 3 since our extensions start at 100 and go up.

Set the "# or end" dropdown to either "transfer call" or "leave message for "

To transfer the call simply choose "transfer call" and in the details box that pops up put %Extension% (with the % sign)

Make sure your OGM asks callers to input an extension number. They put in the 3 digits (and maybe the # if you have that option checked) and the call is transferred to that %extension%

It works the same way for Mailboxno. Just make sure the OGM tells users to put in a mailbox number.

Hi everyone

I figured out a work around solution to having more than 9 remote workers while still wanting to use the single digit menu option ((because I still did not get any answer from anyone [[including the so-called experts, one of the 2 expert's email bounced back, and the other [[a week later]], never wrote back]].

anyhow, having said that :-)

you can have about 600 agents max with this solution;

Agents with the first name from A through D, press 1

Agents with the first name from E through H, press 2

Agents with the first name from I through L, press 3

Agents with the first name from M through P, press 4

Agents with the first name from Q through T, press 5

Agents with the first name from U through Z, press 6

each option will lead to another OGM with the list of agents in that sub catagory, and each sub catagory will list their extensions to transfer out.

it beats paying $5k for a pbx system ;-)

I would still be interested in knowing how to create multiple digit extensions that can transfer to remote phones!

thank you very much

MG

m_ghounem@yahoo.com

Hi

thank you for your response;

((The simple way to do this is to use the Data Entry option. Name your variable "Mailboxno" or "Extension" without the quotes depending on what you want to do. Then set the maximum number of digits. We use 3 since our extensions start at 100 and go up. Set the "# or end" dropdown to either "transfer call" or "leave message for "))

I follow you up to this point

((To transfer the call simply choose "transfer call" and in the details box that pops up put %Extension% (with the % sign Make sure your OGM asks callers to input an extension number. They put in the 3 digits (and maybe the # if you have that option checked) and the call is transferred to that %extension%))

How do you assign the extension number? I still don't see where that is done, for example, if I want the caller to enter the extension (555) to be transfered to the remote phone number (212-555-9191), I don't see where in IVM that I can program the number 555 to do anything, esspecially transfer to a remote phone.

Do I put the new extension numbers, where it says "maximum digits" ?

how would I for example make the extensions

551 transfers to 212-555-9191

552 transfers to 212-555-9192

553 transfers to 212-555-9193

any help would be appreciated

thank you

MG

m_ghounem@yahoo.com

Hi

This is quite straight forward but not obvious as you have determined.

1. Create a OGM such as "Please enter the 3 digit extension of the person you would like to reach."

2. Key Response -Data Entry (variable)

3. Variable Name - EmpExt

4. Max Digits - 3

5. # or End - Go to OGM - %EmpExt% OGM

6. Create new OGM - 551 OGM

7. Wait - 0

8. Repeat - 0

9. Then - Transfer Call

10. Click on Details and enter the number and the type of transfer.

11. Repeat 6 to 10 for each extension that needs to be transferred.

Good Luck.

• 1 year later...

Hi all. Sorry my bad english, i am italian. Is possible this?

iN OGM, MESSAGE: Type in the code to listen to the file (WAV OR MP3) (no other ogm)

user digit code (example: 155) , ogm (the same ogm) play file155.wav

user digit other code (example: 156) , ogm (the same ogm) play file156.wav, etc.

thanks

Hi

This is quite straight forward but not obvious as you have determined.

1. Create a OGM such as "Please enter the 3 digit extension of the person you would like to reach."

2. Key Response -Data Entry (variable)

3. Variable Name - EmpExt

4. Max Digits - 3

5. # or End - Go to OGM - %EmpExt% OGM

6. Create new OGM - 551 OGM

7. Wait - 0

8. Repeat - 0

9. Then - Transfer Call

10. Click on Details and enter the number and the type of transfer.

11. Repeat 6 to 10 for each extension that needs to be transferred.

Good Luck.