MTS/New user questions

The Bomoh

I have 2 issues and have asked NCH for tech support as I've bought the program already, but I'd be interested in the Forum's comment:

1.  Does Videopad support MTS files from Sony/Panasonic video cameras?  If it doesn't surely the HD quality will degrade if I convert to mp4 with any of the many file converters around the internet?

2. I downloaded version 13.21 I think (maybe 13.22) and it worked fine. I noticed that 13.28 was out and so updated and the sound disappeared. The sound is there on the clip but vanishes when put on the sequence line.  Any audio files imported are also dead..............just showing a flat line on the audio track.

1. Some years ago I used Sony MTS files with videopad, it worked, but I don't remember the quality. As far as I know, it worked well. Maybe @borate can tell you more (I'm sure he can 😉 ).

2. Unfortunately that's a bug in this version. Try using another version, until the bug is fixed. Here you can download all versions (you license should work for all of them): http://oldversiondownload.com/

The bug doesn't seem to occur if you have turned on audio normalization (options -> media -> automatically normalize ... ). That might be a workaround.

MTS files are supported.

The audio issue appears to be intermittent, and hasn't shown up in v13.28 here.  Try Dangenfreak's 'auto-normalize' suggestion.

Also try this, after closing Videopad.  Using Windows Explorer (the file manager), delete all files in these folders.  Then install this release.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components"  or a similar path without the (x86).

"C:\Users\Howard\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components"

Share a file or two that doesn't load correctly...

Upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

• borate changed the title to MTS/New user questions