conversion of atrac3 to mp3

Guest S

Hello all,

I downloaded switch and every time i convert these atrac files to mp3 i get this shortened version of the song. They are all 1.17 mb and don't convert the entire song. How do I convert the entire song?

what format are the files in? .wav, .oma, or .omg ?

the files are in .omg format.

the files are successfully converted except that they are shortened versions of the file. do i have to have the switch plus version to get the entire file?

the files are in .omg format.

the files are successfully converted except that they are shortened versions of the file.  do i have to have the switch plus version to get the entire file?

whoops actually they are .oma files. do u have any idea what i am doing wrong. any help would be awesome. otherwise i blew $10 on a downloaded cd from sonystore

I guess I should first of all clarify that Switch does not intentionally only convert part of a file in order to encourage you to buy the Plus version. There is certainly something going on here.

I did some reading on the .oma / .omg formats and I believe they are copy-protected formats, meaning you cannot directly convert these files into other formats (and I guess the fact that you couldn't convert the whole file supports this claim).

see more info in another thread here:

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=31