Option for slide placement is not working.

LostNewbie

I found the Menu>Options>Other setting where I set the placement of the new photos in a slideshow, however, no matter what I set it at, it always places the photo at the current location. I have registered my copy (today), so I am not using the free edition anymore. I have set it at "ask me", "start of slideshow", "current location", and "end of slideshow." No matter which I set, it always puts the photo at the current location. One complication, it also always slides the slideshow back to the very first slide.

Hello,

Please go to PhotoStage 'Options' once more and check if it did save the changes you made. If not, please try to change it again then make sure to click on OK to save changes. If it will have the same issue, try to restart PhotoStage. Based on my experience, sometimes, you need to restart the software for these default settings to be changed (it should not be that way).

After working with it more, I can clarify what problem I am having. When I want to insert a photograph into the middle of a slideshow I am creating, I position the slideshow with the area where I want to insert the slide so it is displayed onscreen. Then, when I try to drag the photo down, as soon as I enter the slideshow area, the slideshow area immediately returns to the very first slide, and I can no longer see the section where I want to insert the slide. I have found a kludge that SOMETIMES works, but I would like to find how to do this correctly. If I put the red slider bar on the slide that I want to insert either before or after, then compress the slideshow as much as possible, so it doesn't take up the entire area, i.e. the first slide is already displayed, I can then drag the photo directly above the red slider bar, then down into the slideshow area. That is a very awkward thing to have to do.

On 3/29/2023 at 10:31 AM, JanP said:

Hello,

Please go to PhotoStage 'Options' once more and check if it did save the changes you made. If not, please try to change it again then make sure to click on OK to save changes. If it will have the same issue, try to restart PhotoStage. Based on my experience, sometimes, you need to restart the software for these default settings to be changed (it should not be that way).

The setting did take. Restarting the program (actually, rebooting the computer THEN restarting the program) changed nothing.