Chimpmunks in Express Scribe

MeredithJ

I am new to this forum. I am using Windows Xp and have been using Express Scribe for awhile with no problems. The other day the dictatation sounds like chimpmunks.I tried uninstalling then reinstalling the program,nothing happened. I have tried to recalibrate the foot pedal, still no good. Has anyone else had this happen? How do I get rid of the chimpmunks?

• 2 weeks later...
I am new to this forum. I am using Windows Xp and have been using Express Scribe for awhile with no problems. The other day the dictatation sounds like chimpmunks.I tried uninstalling then reinstalling the program,nothing happened. I have tried to recalibrate the foot pedal, still no good. Has anyone else had this happen? How do I get rid of the chimpmunks?

Try these steps: On your express scribe click settings>playback settings. Then under Rewind and Fast-Forward choose the CONSTANT SPEED mode... not the increasing speed (which is responsible for the chipmunk sound)... then click OK. You can adjust the speed on the main window lower right corner.

• 3 months later...
I'm getting the same problem with a .wma file. Altering the Fast Forward/Rewind settings doesn't help. File plays OK in other applications. Could it be connected with updating to Windows Media Player 11, which I did recently?

Hi,

If you are using a foot pedal, then the play and fast forward buttons may be mixed up.

Otherwise the increased speed slidebar to the bottom right of the window will adjust the playing speed.

Windows media player 11 won't affect anything.

A.N

Hi,

If you are using a foot pedal, then the play and fast forward buttons may be mixed up.

Otherwise the increased speed slidebar to the bottom right of the window will adjust the playing speed.

Windows media player 11 won't affect anything.

I have tried adjusting the speed, to no avail. I mean it does slow it down a tiny bit but it is still way too fast to be intelligible. Also, my play and fast forward buttons are fine, as is the speed, on all file types EXCEPT WMA. This only started happening after I recently updated my windows media player, which is why I think this problem is related to the update.

--VR

• 2 months later...
I'm having this same problem, although the file I received on Friday worked just fine. I've tried the suggestion given here, but nothing happened. I still have the chipmunks in my player. <_<

Hopefully someone can help with this!

Thanks

I fixed my problem -- just in case anyone else has this issue ...

I downloaded a trial version of a wma splitter, only I didn't split anything out from the original file. After the process was complete, it worked just fine, and no information was compromised!

The splitter can be found here:

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?t...er&tag=srch

(WiFI WMA Splitter Joiner)

It's only a trial, but it's not too expensive to purchase if you need to (the trial will only section out 30 files, I believe before trial is done).