One user wants to use his cell phone

fredtheman

Hello

Among the users who must be part of the 701 default group when a call comes in from the PSTN is one who moves around a lot and, hence, wants calls to ring his cellphone instead of his IP phone at home/work.

Instead of getting my very own, personal IP-to-GSM gateway, I'd like to check out...

1. What VoIP providers have in store for this

2. How to set up Axon so that it sends notifications to that VoIP account for that precise users, while ringing regular extensions for the other users part of the 701 group.

Thank you!

Hello

Among the users who must be part of the 701 default group when a call comes in from the PSTN is one who moves around a lot and, hence, wants calls to ring his cellphone instead of his IP phone at home/work.

Instead of getting my very own, personal IP-to-GSM gateway, I'd like to check out...

1. What VoIP providers have in store for this

2. How to set up Axon so that it sends notifications to that VoIP account for that precise users, while ringing regular extensions for the other users part of the 701 group.

Thank you!

Hello, we installed FX-300 GSM Gateway that works seamlessly with VoIP Handytones or Linksys SPA-2000, and of course with AXON. Check out www.citivoip.com

Found a work-around: Just install a copy of a softphone like X-Lite, make that a member of the 701 ring group, and configure the softphone to forward all incoming calls to a remote VoIP account. Not a good solution if you have several users who all want to be reachable on their cellphone, but it solves the issue for one-two users... until Axon allows adding foreign VoIP accounts to a ring group.