Major Issues with Videopad 13.21

HereForHelp

My old PC crashed and my new one came with Windows 11, therefore I had to buy a new version of Videopad: 13.21. This version seems to be extremely glitchy. 

It will not save "my audio" files once the editor is saved, turned off, then restarted. They come back corrupted or blank. It's fine once I convert them to Mp4s.

More problematic is that the cursor/scrolling-line-thing is not syncing correctly with the audio waves. This makes editing narration nearly impossible.

Is there a way to get the previous version back? Is there going to be a patch or update to fix this hellscape? I love videopad, when it works. 

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Are the audio files mp3s?  Explain a bit more about what tracks or files are not synchronizing.

Let's take a look at your project, to analyze what's going on.  The process is easy, takes but a few minutes and can be private.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

The audio files that wont save once the program is restarted are Wav. the type that comes from 'record narration.' Imported MP4s and MP3s are fine. 

by syncing, I meant that where the cursor is on the audio time line, is not what is being played. so If I pause the cursor/line, and make a cut, the cut appears in a spot different than where the line is. This doesn't happen if I zoom all the way in. This glitch would be more understandable if the audiobar had 2 hours of audio, but it only has ten minutes.

I'm hesitant to upload a copy because in the past, that has messed it all up. as soon as I'm done with it, I'll upload it. But in the meantime, I'll upload a test file that has all the same issues. 

Do you know how I determine what version I had? that PC crashed and the hard drive is gone. 😕

When making a split on a lengthy project it would be normal to expand the timeline horizontally.  Otherwise, the split wouldn't take place at the intended spot.   image.png

Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the caret to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.  Then you're protected.

Backing up the project and sharing, as instructed above, won't mess up the project, but will let others test the issue you are having.

Knowing what release was used earlier isn't important.  If it was purchased, your receipt will likely list it.  You can try old versions by downloaded from the site that Dangerfreak linked above.  Ignore any virus warnings.