Video freezing (audio remains fine) issue on exported video

Wardie1993

So, I'm editing a video of my favourite bits of a let's play. I'm about halfway through the video and an hour in, though whenever I export the video there are always segments (we're talking minutes at a time) where the video freezes but the audio carries on as normal.

The let's play was from around 10 or so years ago, so it isn't in modern HD. I can't understand why this is happening. It's not just an issue with Youtube because I check the video file and the same thing can be seen. Does anyone know what would cause this? I've tried changing the video dimension and the framerate, nothing fixes it.

Here is the ZIP file containing my backed-up project folder:

Thanks for sharing.  Can't replicate the problem with the latest release.  Try it.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having this issue as well. I can't see any rhyme or reason to it other than videopad seems to go to extremely high CPU usage at times, and I figure that must be causing the freezes on export--sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't, location in the timeline/project isn't always the same. But why it's happening I'm not sure. There was one time recently I used the "clear unused cache files" for the first time (maybe a week ago) and it told me it cleared 59GB! (Had a similar issue in Photostage months ago, but that got fixed with an update.) I did my exports with v13.21 so the freezing frames are definitely not solved yet.

Is the freeze seen on timeline preview play or only upon export?  What are the PC's specs:  CPU/GPU/RAM?

What is the format of the bulk of the source files and what's the length of the project?

Is the 32-or 64-bit release installed?  Here's the 64, which is recommended for complex high-def work.