Fail to Export

Lefty

A newbie here and having an Export Failed problem.

Could not initialize video output. Delete the component ?

Is what i am seeing on first project which is disconcerting on my first use. So i used 2 short clips as a test and that failed too  Have I bought a dud ?

I5 Aspire V3-771G 12gb Ram 1Tb ssd  is this spec not up to the job  Video from canon 80D MP4  1280x720

Anyone any ideas 

Thanks in Advance

What version is being run?  Look at the bottom-left of the window.

Is the 'format' field propagated - usually with mp4, by default?  image.pngIf not, click the caret and select it.

Install the latest and see if that takes care of it.  If not, report back.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Hi

Thank you for prompt reply.

I am using Version 13.16

The file format is mp4  res 1280 x 720

Message is Could not initialize video output

I also bought photostage slideshow and it failed in similar way on first use

Regards

Next thing to try...

Close Videopad.  Open Windows Explorer (file manager) and delete all the files in these folders...

"C:\Users\<PC name>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components"

Then install this VP release.

Please take a few minutes to share your project.  That's the best way to track down problems.  It's easy, and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

• 1 month later...