Storing titles for later use in other projects

Alan Hodkinson

Is there any way when you have created titles to be able to store them with just the lettering to use in other projects.

Let me explain, I video at Dog shows and dog names can be lengthy, and when I come to edit the shows it would be nice to have the dog names there that I can move and put under the dog that's being gone over by the Judge, needs somehow I can store them in a folder or something that is retrievable in the next dog show project.

At the moment when the project is finished with all the dog names get lost

Alan

Open a blank project.  ADD a simple text file and name it for a breed:  "Schnauzer"

It appears in the bin (top-left).

Right-click it and choose COPY.

Right-click in an open area of the bin and choose PASTE (Clip) as many times as there will be dog names.

Select each copy in turn, click the Text box, swipe the existing name and change it to another breed.

Select the HOME tab, then click the Save Project button, give it a name and click Save.

When a new project is complete, click the 3-lined Menu button (top-left) FILE | Import Clips From Another Project.

(A new, blank sequence will be created.  Just delete it by clicking the X on its Sequence tab above the timeline.)

The dog name clips will be under the Images tab in the bin, to be dropped into the timeline, positioned and sized at will.

Borate

Thank you so much for that, not only will that save me some time, It's not the breed name, it's the name of the dog, like this, "CH Bowerhinton Be Madams Spy at Graythor Sh CM", so you can see it will save me from the possibility of making a mistake in the dog's kennel name as they can be quite long and sometimes complicated, thank you again.

Alan

girlfriend.jpg

A LINK to an image can be posted.  Upload to a free server, like Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a public (shared) link and post that link here.

If using Google be sure to change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

Thank you, I've already started a project with some dog names, I camp at dog shows and video the Norwegian Elkhound classes, often the same dogs being shown at the various venues so you can see how it will pay to have all the titles there to pick up, thanks again, a big help.

Alan

Yes, I do this all the time, having a project called "daily usage" to store everything I work with my videos with. I premade all the effects on those items as well, so just drag them on the timeline and edit the text will do. This is one of the things I love videopad with! In PrPro, I would have to store them on a sequence, for it does not allow me storing the effects in the media bin. :| 

Yes, I've set one up like that now, what a good idea it is, and I have set one up for all the dog names, Although I probably won't be videoing so many dog shows this year, but who knows, it's there if I need it, the more I'm using this editor the more I like it, getting on well with it now.

I just set up Nonsense project and just play around with it and try out all sorts of things like this morning I made a DVD, and then exported  a video to Vimeo, I just play around trying all sorts of things, it's amazing what you learn when you just play, with no panic to get a result. 

Alan