Question regarding recurring invoices.

Levtech

How do I create a recurring invoice ? 

Do I first have to create a invoice and than change that to a recurring invoice ? Also can i change the recurring invoice numbers ? I can`t seem to change the numer.  Now it,s RCR with a number. I woul like to change that to RCR 2023001 etc. 

Thanks

I already found out that I can save it as recurring.  Next question (s), will a recurring invoice be automatically numbered by my invoice numbering ?  It seems confusing to me.  I have created a invoice 2023006 Than set it to recurring. Than in Recurring invoices it has number rcr7... (why not 1 ? (just created but deleted some recurring invoices, maybe why and how do i get the RCR numbering back to 1 ?)  Does it create on the date that I want ( quarterly invoicing) a new invoice number as in (example) 2023050 ? And how do I test this before the scheduled date, I would like to see if it works. 

Edited by Levtech
Found a solution To post 1.

• 2 months later...

"rcr7" is the number assigned to the template from which invoices are generated. When the individual invoices are generated, they will be number as any other invoice.

The generation is not fully automated. You have to click "Run Recurring Invoices" from the Invoices menu. This will generate invoices from all the templates whose Next Schedule Date has passed.

++PLS