Unable to Export Project

H.Chui

Took about fifteen seconds to export normally here, using the latest release with default settings.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Try running Videopad as administrator.  Right-click on the the executable and make that choice.  image.png

Also try the suggestion in the post below.

I am having the same issue. I updated to version 13.7 and it won't go past 42.5% exporting. It gets stuck and won't move.

I tried a different computer, bought a 2nd licence and tried with that second computer. Same thing, exporting is stuck at 42.5%.

I sent a ticket to support at NCH. I will let you know what the outcome is.

Forgot to ad, during the beginning of the export process, it keeps trying to start indexing. So, it goes 0 - 32.5% again and again. Then, it eventually stops the export que and just start slowing exporting until it reaches 42.5%, then it freezes. I tried many times - over 10 - but nothing works.

Please share your project for analysis.  Just follow the easy steps below.

In the interim, click the blue Default Quality / Filesize link and  make this setting... re-encode.jpg

Any change?

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

• borate changed the title to Unable to Export Project

On that older version you linked, I kept getting an "indexing video" prompt that goes up to about 30.6% to 32.7% complete, then it reset to 0% and started over. Is that thing supposed to be showing the progress for the whole project, or is it showing for one clip at a time but not telling you which clip it's working on?

On 13.08, it just hung at 32.6% and stayed there for a while until I noticed nothing seemed to be changing and tried closing and using the version you linked.

In the version you linked, I finally started getting a "video position....1.5% complete" prompt, but it looks like it's going to be a long time before I know if it worked. But even though the time stamps were increasing, the "% complete" stayed at 1.5%, until it suddenly jumped to 2.5% after a while, then 3.5% after a while. Weird. If it's only going to increase in 1% increments, why bother showing the .5%?

It's not unusual to see the export ribbon restart several times, but after a short while progress should be steady and fully complete.

Share your project and we'll check export performance.  Post a link here or privately.  Takes just minutes - just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

• 2 weeks later...

I found out, through trial and error, that when my video export gets stuck at a certain time - freezes at 1:42 mark of the export process - that means there is a problem with the clip at that point. So, Videopad is freezing because it can't process the problematic clip. 

I kept getting my export frozen at a certain point and when I went to the timeline I realized that point was the start of the problematic clip. So, I deleted that problematic clip and afterwards I exported again. The export finally worked after the deletion of the problematic clip.

Now, I wish I could keep the clip, but that isn't possible.

I tried using the clip in Davinci Resolve, but that program won't even allow me to import the clip into media because it too sees the clip as problematic.

Filmora handles the clip fine and exports fine, but Filmora isn't as good as Videopad when it comes to fade transitions and audio editing capabilities, so I want to stick with Video Pad even though I can't use the clip with Videopad.

If anyone cares about Audio, Filmora has unusable audio editing tools that are so bad, I don't understand how anyone uses them to edit their audio.

Share the project, as above, with the 'bad' clip intact.  Someone will analyze what's going on.

Or, just upload the clip itself to a free server, get a public (shared) link and post that link here or in private to me as a Personal Message (envelope at the top-right of this forum).

• 4 weeks later...

I re-purchased 13.09 and it will not export a video project, I just see the 'pending' box and nothing happens, should I try getting a new version?  It's a Windows 10 OS.

Update.  I do see it exporting, it is taking about 30 mins not 15 secs like normal, I did select auto detect as well but this is not normal at all....

The file it generated is 1kb in size and obviously will not play... so I guess it is not exporting.  Normally this takes 10 secs on auto detect but this new version 13.09 is clearly not working on this Windows 10 pc...

Install the latest release.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

So others can analyze your project, please share it.

Borate:

It is exporting, but it does take about 20 mins or so.  I do not think there is anything 'wrong' but it takes very long now and I do not know why when auto detect is selected, the file was 27 mins long maybe that had something to do with it?

I did not change anything from stock I will look and see, the PC is a few years old it is a core i7 - 6700 / 16gb ddr4 RAM / AMD FirePro W4100 graphics card and Gigabyte Brand Gaming 5 MB

---The settings are set to "Default" the next is "CPU" then "AMD FirePro W4100

I tried that and it did help however the time and stalling is a lot different than I remember.  In addition the audio normalizing check marks are 're-checked' you may want to pass that on to development, they were to leave those normalizing items un-checked on new releases...

A timing comparison will be run if you share the project.  Is it 'stalling' while loading or when exporting?  What is the format of the bulk of the content?

In version 13.21, under OPTIONS | MEDIA, the normalize external checkmark, if removed manually, remains unchecked ... and the feature is disabled.

Is this the item you're referring to?

I had them un checked a long time ago but I re-purchased the software so maybe that is why they were checked, anyway I will see what I can do about the file sharing but making that one change did help a bit, the videos are mp4 files.